[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.92 MB, 400x250, theclubcantevenhandleme.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
340878 No.340878[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>looking for a job for the past 6 months
>send in dozens of applications, get only 3 interviews and one cancels on me
>talk to one of my good friends, he tells me his dad was a VP in a very large company
>i see him with his dad one day and he introduces me saying i need a job, his dad says to give him my resume and he'll hook me up in the company he used to work at
>he asks me where specifically i want to work
>mfw

Does "networking" really make getting jobs this outrageously easy? As in being offered a job I am nowhere near qualified for just because I know the guy's son and am a good friend of his?

>> No.340890

Yeah that's how it works. Grats bro.

One of the few jobs I've had, I got from my dad knowing a guy who knew the manager of this one company. Gave me the manager's number, asked his friend to put in a good word, and after a phonecall I had a job.

>> No.340908

>>340878
It is, that why you should build a network

>> No.340909

>>340878
Let me ask you this, if you could buy a car from a stranger, or a guy you've known for a while(isn't always point for point but he's generally a guy you can trust) whom would you pick?

>> No.340921

There is literally nothing in this world that makes getting rich easier than nepotism. That's why Jews do so well.

>> No.340958

>>340921
Hmm what about the many Jewish Nobel prize winners?