[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 57 KB, 500x375, dead thing cig.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3406970 No.3406970 [Reply] [Original]

Hello everyone,

I bought bitcoin and litecoin in 2012 and at that time i was 16. I had a shit computer and didnt know much about cryptocurrency so decided to sell them (im a fucking idiot). I just got back into it about 6 months ago but am a noob and have only bought stuff on coinbase. Im trying to by Bytecoin and some other lesser known crytpo, but i dont trust bittrex or poloniex as ive only heard bad things.

How can i buy some of those and then transfer it to a USB or something similar?

Whats the best way to sell cryptocurrency when you want to dump?

>> No.3407005

lurk

>> No.3407013

>>3406970
much easier to trust bittrex than some rando on ebay my dude

>> No.3407019

>>3407005
I have been for a while. Why not just take 5 min to come up with a half-ass guide?

>Buy btc off coinbase
>Transfer to ????
>download ????
>configure usb????
>To sell the coin ????

>> No.3407082

>>3407013
Why would i have to use Ebay? I have no problem buying off the exchanges. Ive just read a ton about how you shouldnt keep them in the exchanges. Ive heard of paper wallets being used too.

>> No.3407249

>download and set up software wallet (literally search "coin" wallet
>transfer the coin from the exchange to your wallet
>export private key to USB with a name and optionally uninstall the wallet
>reinstall wallet and import private key if you want to access your funds

>> No.3407277

>>3407249
Okay thank you.

Whats the purpose of uninstalling the wallet?

Also im running an Arch-based linux. Do most wallets support Arch OS?

>> No.3407336

>>3407277
Well you wanted to store it on a USB so I assumed you didn't want to store it on your computer, so at that point a wallet would be useless. (you aren't storing it in the wallet, you are storing it on USB)
Actually Linux has better support than windows I think, most wallets come out on Linux before Windows, but you might have to compile it yourself if they don't provide a package.

>> No.3407883

>>3407336
ahh okay, thats good to know. And yea i was just confused because i didnt know if that step contributed anything to the USB part.