[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 258 KB, 421x500, 1349465157138.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
33857 No.33857 [Reply] [Original]

Just wondering If it is possible to go into the finance sector from a Math and Physics background.

I've just heard people say that it's entirely possible because it is kinda related, also people saying those degrees are useless.

Just a second year Uni student with undecided majors and thinking about doing math and physics because I don't struggle at all doing it. Plus it seems that there's a crapload of Asians majoring in Finance in my uni and coming out with no jobs.

>> No.33897

>Plus it seems that there's a crapload of Asians majoring in Finance in my uni and coming out with no jobs.

they're probably anti-social autists

if you aren't a sperglord you should be fine

>> No.33902

>>33857
>Just wondering If it is possible to go into the finance sector from a Math and Physics background.

Yes, definitely. You probably won't get as many interviews as business majors, but there are a lot of financial firms willing to take a look at people with math/hard science backgrounds. I got a handful of finance interviews as a science major.

>> No.33923

>>33857
If you can hack it, Math is the way to go. There will be lots of opportunities in the bid'ness field if you can unto math.

>Plus it seems that there's a crapload of Asians majoring in Finance in my uni and coming out with no jobs.

They prob suck. Asian majored in finance here. Got a job fine.

>> No.33972

>>33902
That sounds good I guess, because I'm hesitant on doing Physics because I don't want to further pursue it after undergrad and still have no jobs.

Or I can easily switch to business and finance even though I don't want to