[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 120 KB, 664x800, social network Facebook movie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
334415 No.334415 [Reply] [Original]

So I was watching the Social Network last night and got to wondering something. A few of my friends and I are working on a kickstart project, I doubt it'll go any where aside from a silly fan project, but I'm worried that some shit like what happened in the Social Network might occur, that I'll get swindled right out of the company I helped to create. That if it gets to the point where we actually do have stocks that it'll get diluted or I'll just sign some stupid shit away and get nothing, where can I got to learn some basics of how a company structure works so that I can arm myself with knowledge so such shit like this doesn't happen. I don't mind if others get paid over me (so long as I get a good living wage out of it) but I want to maintain the decision making power and ownership of this company.

Thanks for any help you can provide /biz/

>> No.334417

>I want to maintain the decision making power and ownership of this company
Are you a jew?

Because if not, you've already lost.

>> No.334421

>>334417
Not a full jew, just jewish.

>> No.334678

Bumping

>> No.334684

>>334421
I would say you have a pretty good chance at success then.

>> No.334689

You should at least have a basic partnership agreement written out.

>> No.334695
File: 1.45 MB, 234x234, intel_2013.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>334421
>Not a full jew, just jewish.
what does this even mean?

>> No.334719

You're talking about two different things. In order to ensure you don't get screwed in an agreement you will need to have a basic understanding of contract law/corporations law.

If you want to have an understanding of how a company works (from an analytical/quantitative perspective), you need to have a basic understanding of accounting.

>> No.334723

>>334415
>I don't mind if others get paid over me (so long as I get a good living wage out of it)
Cut the bullcrap will you? You obviously mind, or else, you won't be making this thread.

>> No.334780

>>334695
It means he does not fit the full Jewish stereotype, but he does have some more mild versions of those traits.

>> No.335948

>>334695
>>334780
Or it could be a joke, like jew-ish, like ish as in not really just a little? Medium kek.