[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 51 KB, 1280x720, show-azusa-the-money.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3337531 No.3337531 [Reply] [Original]

Step away from your shitcoins a little and let's do something different.
Which parts of the world do you see getting ahead in the next 2 decades and in your opinion would be worth investing into?
Here is my take on it.

Good places to expect economic growth from:
-East Asia is on top of my list. The region is an economic powerhouse and even if Kim ends up nuking the area it will only stipulate further economic growth. Also, the world needs China more than China needs the world. Bubbles will burst, but the economy will come back stronger. The educated asian workforce will only become more and more prominent, as european population dwindles and hedges its bet on stupid nogs.
-Russia along with China form a major economic block and Russia can only win if her neighbors do well. Russia has the tech, resources and culture to get things done. Also, things can hardly get any worse for her.
-USA is on an upward swing and has a few good years in it. I think investing mid-term in USA has great potential, but long-term could be a disaster. It all comes down how long Trump will hold up and what the next president will be like.
-Eastern Europe is on a roll and will be for a years to come, but the region is too divided to really become a strong force. Further development will depend on access to Russian and Chinese resources, in which case I would rather invest into the latter. More of an unknown, really.

cont.

>> No.3337540

Unknown areas:
-Western Europe is just looking worse and worse by the day. The only major economy in a good shape is the german one, but is waiting to be drown by others. An independent german economy would be a no brainer to invest into, but one which is burdened by the whole continent is not. The political situation in the whole EU is just too volatile to expect anything good out of it.
-Oil rich Middle Eastern countries are trying hard to transition their economies from a resource based one into a banking one, but I just can't see them becoming more than impoverished tax heavens dependent on foreign workforce. Asia could easily blow the fuck out of them if they wanted to. Honestly, I don't see them recovering from a hard crash. They would sooner go durka-durka jihad than fix their shit. However as long as things are stable, the potential for growth is there.

Bad areas for investments:
-Southern America will not get anywhere. If they had the potential to become relevant, there would have been signs of it already. A few countries like Chile, Argentina and even Peru has the potential to become strong, but overall I rate the future of the region pretty bleak.
-India could be a superpower one day, but it's too divided and ineffective to fulfill its potential. Even if it has an educated middle class India will just drown itself in poo unless a strong compelling force pushes them towards true unification. Even its success stories are rife with claims of corruption and is just not worth the risk.

Africa-tier:
-You have to be suicidal to invest into Africa in any way. Except maybe... private militaries and Jenkem?

>> No.3337779

bump

>> No.3337810

>>3337540

Aren't the Chinese basically buying up Africa? Or is that a meme?

>> No.3337815

>>3337531

I'm investing heavy in Australian bank stocks. They are still near their all time lows and as soon as interest rates rise again their profits will skyrocket.

Currently spread:

15k Bank of Queensland
15k Commonwealth Bank
5k Bendigo Bank
10k ANZ
10k Westpac
10k Nab

Currently yeilding like 6% in dividends alone and dollar cost averaging my poor performers

>> No.3337843
File: 37 KB, 446x449, chinese-rights-in-africa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3337810
Present day colonialism?

>> No.3337886

It's a shame you blindly believe in /pol/ memes. Africa is the best investment option this century. Chinese and Indians are already harvesting the opportunity by economically colonizing Africa. India is a distant second best option. The people individually will try to scam you but nothing can stop the economic growth. Do your research right and invest in the right sector.
Eastern Europe has no future economically. Maybe Poland . But that's it
Chinese bubble will pop in your lifetime

>> No.3337907

>>3337531
SE Asia is going to boom. China is becoming expensive as they develop. Places like Tailand and Vietnam will become the new China.

There's always hope for Africa, but let's be honest, it's never going to happen.

>> No.3337932

>>3337540
As a southamerican peruvian I'd say invest on chile they have a strong right oriented economy people is way more educated they have a really bright future they are trying hard to make the jump into a fully industrialized country

>> No.3337933

>>3337810
>>3337886
China will suck Africa dry. The wealth won't stay in the continent.
Chinese magnates will pump and dump their economies in an unprecedented manner. China building a single shitty city can triple the GDP of an african country for a year. The landscape will be full of speculation.

>> No.3338081

>>3337815
you fucking idiot.
The banks here are under fire, overvalued and dangerous. Div decrease and CPI risks alone will tear down your illusion of profit.

Shit will happen within the next two months in the banking sector. Get into more differentiated asset classes, or medium /short term jumps like KGN in the past 6 weeks.