[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 235 KB, 500x500, faces (20).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
309575 No.309575[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What's the best way to protect my idea?

I have a winning idea for a strategy game. I want to hire someone to make it into an app. Should I apply for a patent, or use non disclosure agreements? If I'm understanding the law correctly, it seems I have to have a working prototype to get a patent, which I don't have. It also seems as though I would have to pay to have a non disclosure agreement printed up. Also, it seems I would have to mail the non disclosure agreement to them, and have them mail it back before we begin work.

Is my understanding of patents and non disclosure agreements correct? What's the easiest way to protect my idea?

>> No.309581

>>309575

Just spend the 15$ at legal zoom

https://www.legalzoom.com/legalforms/independent-contractor-unilateral-nondisclosure-agreement

>> No.309583

>>309575
>I have an idea for a strategy game app.
>What's the best way to protect my idea?

No one gives a shit about copyrights and intellectual property in the App market.

>> No.309593

>>309575

There is no way in hell you are going to patent some idea for a strategy game app. Just make the bloody app and hope it sells well.

>> No.309729

Tell me the idea, and I'll make sure nobody else finds out

>> No.309992

>>309581
Will I have to mail it to him and back, or is there a way to use electronic signatures? Perhaps he can scan it?