[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-11: Warosu is now out of maintenance. Become a Patron!

/biz/ - Business & Finance


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 2.03 MB, 3023x3023, OxyGod.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30398295 No.30398295 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Why do people think an open ledger can be money?

>> No.30398349

>>30398295
>An open ledger
>Still completely anonymous and can never be tied back to you no matter what government or 3 letter agency is trying to track it
Wow. Yeah I guess the reason not many people own Monero is because it doesn't actually accomplish that much unless you're trying to buy childporn and actually want to be over careful about your payment.

>> No.30398440

>>30398349
>muh pedocoin

HAHAHA COREKEK. HOWS YOUR $25 TRANSACTIONS? HOWS PRETENDING THAT YOU HATE PRIVACY (a basic human right) GOING? FUCKING COREKEK

>> No.30398466

>>30398349
My deepest condolences for your retardation. Bitcoin is the open ledger. Will pray for you anon.

>> No.30398522

>>30398295
Why do people think money is real? Currency has no use. Only assets. Consider COMPOUND allows any 2 equal value assets to be equal without providing an estimated dollar or bitcoin or monero amount.

>> No.30398555

>>30398295
Because an open ledger is absolute. It makes it calculatable and predictable and thus trustable. Crypto is already shady enough for normies. Having it actively be shady is not a feature, it's a weakness. Money NEEDS to be transparent. If you want an intransparent system based on trust you can stay with TradFi

>> No.30398633

>>30398440
Bitcoin is a shitty coin but 1) not because of the open ledger and 2) Monero is almost as shitty as Bitcoin in every way, and there are a million superior coins out there
>>30398466
I honestly think you just learned the term "open ledger" and it's probably all you know about crypto or blockchain, and you probably think it makes you sound smart, or think it makes you an expert (because idiots with one shred of info always think they're experts) but your conclusions are completely wrong. Just because it's an open ledger, it doesn't mean it can be tracked back to you. It can't. It's impossible for a bitcoin transaction to be tracked back to you, whether you're buying heroin, childporn, illegal guns or hiring a contract killer over the darknet. Not that I'm suggesting you do any of those things or condoning them, I'm just saying people payed for those things over the darknet with BTC for years and none of it was ever traced back to them. So great, the darknet markets use Monero now. Fine. So it's the coin of choice for pedophiles. But for everyone else BTC is plenty private.

So you have a coin in Monero where it's only benefit is "it's more private" but it's competing against a coin that's already really completely private. So that's why not that many people are into it.

>> No.30398679

Two different use cases. Bitcion wants to be transparent. The open ledge is a feature. Privacy would be an anti-feature. Monero was designed for privacy, not transparency. Two different goals, you are free to use whichever you like. They can coexist.

>> No.30398706

>>30398633
Yeah but if you want to turn your crypto to fiat you either get someone to swap for cash or do a KYC process which reveals every single transaction you have ever done

>> No.30398787

>>30398555
Fuck off JEW. Everyone knowing how much I have and where I am spending my money is a system for complete totalitarianism. It's a communist great-reset dream. An open-ledger only benefits the controllers of societies.

>> No.30398803
File: 22 KB, 480x480, microwave head.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30398803

>>30398633
imagine being this retarded

>> No.30398955

>>30398633
>only private fiat on ramp is btc atms in cash
>otherwise have to tumble
>no fiat offramps short of small scale P2P cash transactions
you're trying to sound smart here but it's actually almost impossible to remain anonymous. not to mention anyone you do business with again can track all future transactions you make unless you tumble to a new wallet. Bitcoin is 0 privacy without extreme measures.

>> No.30398979

>>30398679
Actually a completely sane answer.
My only real issue with Monero is that it's not the most desirable coin from a privacy point of view either, I don't think. A second layer encryption solution makes the most sense to me. Something that can be used over any blockchain, that can be used with all of the benefits of DeFi.
Idiots who shill Monero don't usually even know what DeFi is. They have no clue how ineffective Monero is actually going to be at what it's supposed to do in the long term, when people want to conduct serious financial transactions anonymously.
There are solutions like NuCypher, that offer a second layer of encryption, which I own a little bit of, that are just way better for privacy. Much more flexible, many more use cases.

But again, most people who shill monero don't know about any of that. They're mostly people who want to buy child porn over the darknet, and so that is why they know about, own and use Monero. It's pretty much the only real usecase for such a coin.


Also that's a reason why the threads on the coin are so toxic. And why the OPs are so toxic.
>>30398706
How do you get fiat from Monero without a KYC process? Where is the Monero - USD anonymous vending machine?

>> No.30398982

>>30398633

Well, it depends. All BTC transfers (including to and from an exchange) are traceable.

This is why, by the way, you cannot buy anything without KYC. Once they identify you they could trace all your coin transfers lmao.

>> No.30399047

>>30398955
You can literally have as many addresses as you want attached to your BTC wallet. And as long as you use a single address for a single transaction, that you don't make public by posting on your fucking Twitter or something, then it's 100% private and anonymous.

>> No.30399091

>>30398982
That is only true if you are buying from an exchange.

>> No.30399162

>>30398979
You're right, every darknet marketplace chose Monero even though it isn't the most desirable privacy coin.

You're right, a second layer of privacy which can be cracked is better than privacy from the ground up.

Did your mother abuse you as a child? It would explain your pedo shilling in every comment and your retardation.

>> No.30399164

>>30399091
>>30398982
BTW if you buy Monero from an exchange they're gonna be able to keep records on you, too. They're going to have to know who you are. They're gonna need all of your info, because those are the regulations.

>> No.30399175
File: 59 KB, 1200x998, 1200px-Dunning–Kruger_Effect_01.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30399175

>>30398633
It's been a while since I've seen a proper pic related in an XMR thread. Usually fudders are either schizos, street-shitters, or chads trying to accumulate for a lower price.
>Just because it's an open ledger, it doesn't mean it can be tracked back to you.
The absolute state of BTC maxis.

>> No.30399182

>>30398979
the immediate fud argument is "Pedos" which im sure is true, why wouldn't they use it?

but the coin is much larger than people breaking the law, moreso in terms of people being able to spend money without their government/users tracking their every purchase as crypto payments become slowly more mainstream as we've been seeing over the last few years.

If i had a wallet fat enough for whale alert to be going off every time i made a purchase, i would try to hide that shit asap

>> No.30399183

>>30399091

No. It is also true is that you transferred from someone who knows you and your address.

>> No.30399256

>>30398295
Im pretty sure this that EOtech if actually real is worth more than the m&p shit and n-pap combined.

>> No.30399285

>>30399162
Your child abusing pedophile mind is too 1 dimensional.
Monero is the best coin for buying fucking child porn and other completely illegal shit over the darknet. That's all it's best for.
If you want to do actual financial transactions with privacy, then you're going to need something like an ERC20 token (Or something like a native token on Cardano once that network is totally up and running).
You have none of that functionality with Monero. You have this "amazing privacy coin" that can't do DeFi.
OK.
Great.
I'm sure you don't even know what DeFi is because like all Monero retards you're just some child porn pedophile who loves the coin because it lets him buy childporn without the fear of being caught.

But for actual private financial transactions in the longer term, you're going to want a second layer encryption solution like NuCypher that will allow people to use the actual full potential of other blockchains (which will actually contribute positively to society, rather than just let fucking pedos get away with buying kiddy porn) with privacy.

>> No.30399359

>>30399182
See what I wrote here >>30399285. Monero tards just don't understand crypto. They don't understand that Monero is a shitty, limited coin that doesn't have the functionality that a DeFi coin has. And it never CAN have that functionality.
And since there are privacy solutions like NuCypher for DeFi tokens, most smart people who know about crypto don't want anything to do with Monero.

It's literally just for people who are into crypto without knowing anything about it AKA people who got into crypto because they wanted to buy pedo porn. It's not FUD it's just the facts.

>> No.30399386

>>30399285
I hope you are trolling otherwise your arrogant life deserves what's coming your way.

>> No.30399435

>>30399183
That's true of cash too. If you pay for something illegal with cash and the person you paid knows your name and address then guess what? Lol. Same is true of Monero. If someone knows your name and address then you have left a witness. Nothing you can do to change that.

Anyway, my issue with Monero is more that it's not the best privacy solution. It's just a shitty coin. I don't have anything against privacy and I'm not a fan of BTC (I hate BTC and own none of it). It's just that Monero is also shit for anyone other than people who buy child porn. Literally it's only actual use case.

>> No.30399458
File: 25 KB, 400x400, chillin monero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30399458

>>30399359
what "better" privacy coins can i use right now without being tracked?

>> No.30399480

>>30399386
That's great. What's that, some kind of threat? Go fuck yourself, pedophile faggot.

>> No.30399533

>>30399458
If you wanna buy childporn over the internet then probably Monero is the best one. You're a piece of shit for what you're doing, though. In the bigger picture, if you want to do actual financial transactions without the IRS being involved or something (which is something I'm more personally sympathetic to) then you'd be looking at second layer solutions like NuCypher on the Ethereum network.

>> No.30399538

>>30399458
He thinks a privacy layer to an open ledger is an unbreakable solution.

>> No.30399541

>>30398633
Totally agree, thats why all the darknet that used bitcoin closed down and got busted and why dark markets only accept monero, youre roight

>> No.30399605

>>30399533
didnt know accumulating and holding monero made me a piece of shit.

but youre saying there is no better active privacy coin? interesting

>> No.30399634

>>30399533
>>30399458
I mean, I'm not suggesting you commit tax evasion either. I'm just saying, I'm more sympathetic to that than child porn.
And I don't think the govt should be able to track everything you do. Privacy coins are good and should exist, in my opinion. I'm a libertarian. I don't believe in government ruling over you.
>>30399538
You don't even know what you're talking about, man. All you people do is say "open ledger, open ledger, open ledger" I don't even think you guys really know what that means.

And my issue isn't with privacy, it's with your shitty fucking coin that is not optimal and doesn't have a lot of use cases other than "the coin to buy child porn with"

>> No.30399729

>>30399605
If you're accumulating it and holding it as an investment then no, you're not a piece of shit for that reason.
If you have it because you're trying to buy child porn, drugs and hitmen (which is the only actual usecase for it) then yeah, you're a piece of shit IMO. Obviously.
There's no better coin for buying those things. No. I wouldn't claim there is. Monero is the best for buying those things.

But if you're investing in stuff because you believe in privacy, freedom for government, or just want a good coin that will make money? Then Monero is a shitty coin to invest in. Literally ALL you can use it for is buying illegal shit.
Other privacy solutions will offer people real functionality to conduct their finances over the blockchain free from prying eyes. Those are techs that are in development now.

>> No.30399775

>>30399729
Those GAS fees have done something to your schizo brain hasn't it anon? It's ok you deserve it for being such a retard.

>> No.30399793

>>30399634
what makes it have less use case than any other crypto curently? they have an easy app to use, a built in merchant mode for store owners on their offical gui, fees ~1cent.

you want to talk about shit coins take a look at every other shit alt erc20 coins thats shilled here everyday you can only buy off a swap and dropping mad gas fees

>> No.30399822

>>30399729
>>30399605
>Other privacy solutions will offer people real functionality to conduct their finances over the blockchain free from prying eyes. Those are techs that are in development now.
Also not just to conduct finances, but to run businesses, to buy and sell things privately. Those coins are way better and they're more in line with a genuine spirit of privacy rather than "hehe, this is a good coin to buy kiddie porn with over the darknet!"

Anyway, whatever. Monero tards will never get it. It's a different ecosystem from DeFi because monero tards all come from literal child-porn-buying background.

>> No.30399875

>>30399729
>only use case of a privacy coin is to buy cp

Anon why isn’t your bank balance public? Are you perhaps a pedophile?

>> No.30399884

>>30399729
Lol ye totally the law is always right thank god we have the government to tell us what is right and wrong phew

>> No.30399910

>>30399775
Man you're a dumbfuck, I SAID there's no better coin for buying illegal shit over the darknet than Monero. I didn't deny that. ETH gas fees aren't going to exist forever. Whether it's ETH 2.0 or Cardano or something else that comes along and eliminates them with proof of stake rather than proof of work, it will eliminate the gas fees and then you're going to have this wide open space for DeFi and second layer privacy solutions within that DeFi space.
And those coins are going to have far more usecases and actually contribute something positive to the world rather than just "I can buy drugs and kiddie porn with this coin!"

You don't listen. You don't read. You're just a typical Monero tard.

>> No.30399916

>>30399162
based

>> No.30399928

>>30399793
don't bother with him.. the only use case for privacy he can think of is "buy child porn". Clearly a very sick person projecting their inner demons

>> No.30399933

>>30399822
>DeFi shill

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.30399980

>>30399793
>what makes it have less use case than any other crypto curently?
Pretty sure there are never going to be smart contracts on Monero.
Gas fees are the big problem for DeFi right now, but it's a tech in development and the crypto-wide switch to proof of stake rather than proof of work is quite obviously going to eliminate them sooner or later (probably sooner rather than later)

And for the record, I hold ADA and think ETH sucks. I highly recommend people buy ADA rather than ETH specifically for the purpose of the gas fees.

>> No.30400018

>>30398349
>can never be tied back to you no matter what
Your mother sure is a klutz. Dropping her mixed race baby on its head.

>> No.30400036

>>30399933
DeFi "shill"? You people are fucking stupid. How is it a "shill" it's literally a breakout technology that is going to revolutionize the world. What you're saying, that would be like someone saying "internet shill!" back in 1990 when someone says "the internet is gonna revolutionize the world!"

>> No.30400115

>>30399533
>muh child prn muh child prn muh child prn muh

seriously you fucking derelict degenerate pedo fantasizer you can use your shitcoin or fiat to buy that shit aswell. when your uncle goes to the philiipiines to buy a 9 year old boy what currency does he use?

>> No.30400117

>>30398295
Look at this fucking tool with his shitty trigger discipline

>> No.30400144

>>30400018
His mother abused him, I have never come across someone who mentions "child porn" more than this disgusting scumbag. Every single post as if he's trying to cry out for some kind of help. He can drown in his gas fees and remain poor.

>> No.30400425

>>30399386
Found the dirtbag pedo

>> No.30400502
File: 140 KB, 420x420, 1613114058216.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30400502

Monerobros, aren't we the greatest?!

>> No.30400556

What is the advantage of monero over, say an anonymous second layer solutions, like an anonymous lightning network on bitcoin / eth?

>> No.30400654

>>30398440
>HOWS YOUR $25 TRANSACTIONS?
Which coin is that?

BTC is currently 7 sats/byte, average 250 bytes per transaction, so 1750 sats or about 89 cents.

BTC on LN is currently 1 sat/tx, or way below a penny.

>> No.30400686

>>30400556
People want privacy built into the protocol and not jump through a million hoops just to get:
>low fees
>private transactions

>> No.30401033

>>30400686

I think bridging from BTC/ETH to XMR just to do a transaction is a lot more hoops than going into a second layer, like a payment channel, and then you can hold BTC/ETH and use private transactions when you want them.

>> No.30401110

>>30399533
>Monero's bad and useless, there are better privacy options.
What should I use then? Give me a name.
>Well if you're trying to do something where you don't want to get caught, there's Monero

The absolute state of your argument. Trips and XMR decouples to 10k this year while BTC crabs 50k into 2022.

>> No.30401274
File: 10 KB, 251x242, 32f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30401274

>>30401033
>He doesn't know about Atomic Swaps
>He thinks second layer solutions work

>> No.30401379
File: 170 KB, 350x286, Captura de pantalla 2021-03-06 a las 21.42.07.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30401379

>>30398440
> HAHAHA COREKEK. HOWS YOUR $25 TRANSACTIONS?

BTC has $25 transactions, because shitton on of people use it.

Monero is like some shitty back alley restaurant claiming its better because there are so many empty seats while people have to wait in line at Michelin.

If people need privacy that much they will exchange BTC to XMR via DEX atomic swap, they don't need to hodl your pedoshit.

>> No.30401425

>>30401033
Lol so
>use a coin swapper to get monero (3 mins of effort)
Vs.
>become familiar with a bunch of 2nd layer solutions, set them up, and hope you don’t fuck up (???? mins)

Sorry but that’s some cope. There’s a reason pretty much all DNMs switched over, and it’s because option A was the easier one.

>> No.30401444

>>30401110
Secret SCRT

>> No.30401516
File: 282 KB, 1242x1002, B2A3CFA2-7A28-44BF-9B61-1AFD3032B1AB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30401516

>>30401379
Weird seems like more and more people want to use the shitty back alley restaurant...

>> No.30401595

>>30398295
>Why do people think an open ledger can be money?
This is a good point. I never really thought about it before, but with fiat you can't go looking up whats in everyone's wallet or see where the cash is spent
Goddamn I never thought about that before

>> No.30401611

>>30401516
Have to add, even AFTER the coordinated delisting on privacy coins.

>> No.30401683

>>30401274
>>30401425

idk, seems like at best the same amount of effort to do atomic swap vs l2, but with l2 you can denominate in eth/btc

>> No.30401949

>>30401516
ok you convinced me with that screenshot.

Please link me to source where you acquire that data and where can I view it.

>> No.30402201

What are his pants? they look nice

>> No.30402337

>>30398295
is that Justin Bieber?

>> No.30402339

>>30398295
terrible trigger discipline and stance, recoil will knock him over with legs not staggered.

>> No.30402912

>>30398295
Would be a cooler picture if he didn't have the pocket money (including small bills lmao) laid out and he committed to an actual ganster/terrorcore fashion.

For ETH, I tornado cash everything. But for BTC, there's just no point, I just leave em on the fucking exchange. The chain is fucked from the beginning, only way to untaint your BTC is to get it seized and lose it.

>> No.30402960
File: 714 KB, 512x512, feels good gains.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30402960

>>30401949
this was posted by the devs on reddit yesterday

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/lyfo9g/moneros_monthly_transaction_count_comparing_to/

>> No.30403010

>>30401949
you cant usually view that data whenever you want, as the transactions are private. every once in awhile one of the devs posts transaction count tho

>> No.30403093

>>30398440
>(a basic human right)
Kek

>> No.30403109

>>30398349
yeah sure thing pablo

>> No.30403171

>>30398295
And he didn't even get the good yugo ak. He got the one with trunnions that shatter and receivers that crack.

>> No.30403460

>>30401949
>>30403010
turns out im wrong and you can view this data here

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-transactions.html

>> No.30403542

altcoin-maximalism is just late adopter cope. you can never go back to early crypto.

>> No.30403662

>>30403010
Why do the devs have additional information that normal users can't access? How much information do they have? How is that authority managed?
When Taproot is fully activated and developed for, Bitcoin becomes the best privacy coin by far.

>> No.30403863

>>30398295
>mad&poor15
>no light
>eokek
>no sling
>wrong mag
>wrong stock
>presumably wrong trigger
>no backups
>bad trigger discipline
1/10, clown status

>> No.30404533

>>30399910
You realize that in the western world, there is active institutional persecution of racially aware whites? And that in order to do business, those racially aware whites cannot risk being seen, else the entire establishment will attempt to destroy them at any cost.
So if you want to contribute money to a political action group that had been targeted by the financial system for blacklisting, you must do so through secretive means, else risk becoming a target yourself. Else you risk being dragged through court by vindictive jewish lawyers who know very well that the legal system is under their control, and merely being forced to defend yourself IS the punishment.
There are tons of good reasons to use untraceable coins that have nothing to do with immoral behavior. If you are white, you are politically and institutionally oppressed, and you MUST protect yourself if you choose to stand up and fight back. I'd assume as a libertarian you'd know this by now.

>> No.30404989
File: 423 KB, 1280x1200, 99049784.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30404989

>>30398633
>It's impossible for a bitcoin transaction to be tracked back to you
>I'm just saying people payed for those things over the darknet with BTC for years and none of it was ever traced back to them.
>But for everyone else BTC is plenty private.

Wrong.

>FBI traced Bitcoin Transactions to a dark web vendor’s apartment

"Reid did not mix his bitcoins and the Bitcoin addresses sent from the vendor to FBI agents provided law enforcement with everything they needed to identify him. FBI Special Agent Ellis, previously investigated money laundering with the Secret Service, provided a simple analysis of the Bitcoin transactions that ultimately led to Reid’s identification and arrest."

https://darkweblive.net/fbi-traced-bitcoin-transactions-to-a-dark-web-vendors-apartment/

>> No.30405204
File: 74 KB, 1280x720, 404.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30405204

>>30403662
>When Taproot is fully activated and developed for, Bitcoin becomes the best privacy coin by far.

I'm afraid not.

>Bitcoin Will Never Be Truly Private Says Andreas Antonopoulos

In a livestream Q&A on Antonopoulos’ YouTube channel on July 7, he said Bitcoin (BTC) was unlikely to ever implement privacy features similar to those used by Monero (XMR).

Antonopoulos said creating such features on a cryptocurrency like BTC “would create an enormous amount of controversy.” In addition, he said the structure of Bitcoin simply doesn’t allow ring signatures and stealth addresses.

“I think what we’re going to see soon is Schnorr, Taproot, and Tapscript, which open the door to a lot of improvements,” Antonopoulos said, “But they still do not involve zero-knowledge proofs or the types of ring signatures and stealth addresses that are done in Monero. Bitcoin is not a privacy coin.”

Bitcoin can be better thought of as pseudonymous rather than fully anonymous, as many transactions on the BTC blockchain can still be traced even with these privacy improvements.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-will-never-be-truly-private-says-andreas-antonopoulos

>> No.30405210

>>30404989
The FBI has to have information that connects the identity to the address to do that. Basically the guy needs to have broadcasted to the world at some point that he owns his super sekrit address. That's not a protocol issue.

>> No.30405330
File: 329 KB, 963x933, 7574348.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30405330

>>30405210
>The FBI has to have information that connects the identity to the address to do that. Basically the guy needs to have broadcasted to the world at some point that he owns his super sekrit address. That's not a protocol issue.

"provided a simple analysis of the Bitcoin transactions that ultimately led to Reid’s identification and arrest.

Investigators were able to link transactions from the bitcoin address to Paxful exchange. Paxful provided the feds with information about the account associated with the bitcoin transactions in question. The exchange provided; a username, an email address ([email protected]), and at least three I.P. addresses used to access the account."

If Bitcoin transactions weren't traceable he'd be a free man right now. This couldn't have happened with Monero.

>> No.30405350

>>30398295
This dude sold the best pressed xans that I have ever had the pleasure of snorting in my life. Miss this lil nigga like you wouldn't believe

>> No.30405412

>>30398295
i did a quick count and it's definitely less than $20k in cash. what a poorfag lol

>> No.30405437

>>30404989
>>30405210

I think if you have a coinbase where you have been IDed, then you send bitcoin to buy a sex slave. Its really easy for the FBI to see that the bitcion came from coinbase. Then they call up coinbase and ask who owns that address. But if you got bitcoin anonymously then there is no way for them to track you. The only way they can track you is if the person who sold you the bitcoin knows who you are and tracks their transactions.

>> No.30405553
File: 164 KB, 1100x596, 93522461.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30405553

>>30405437
>But if you got bitcoin anonymously then there is no way for them to track you. The only way they can track you is if the person who sold you the bitcoin knows who you are and tracks their transactions.

If you don't buy Monero anonymously you can still use it for illegal purposes because all further transactions are untraceable, THAT is the point.

>Bitcoin privacy = jumping through hoops

>Monero privacy = fire & forget

>> No.30405559

>>30405204
The new data structure allows you to encode many different scripts in the same transaction where a key only decodes the information relevant to it. When the option is available devs will implement these privacy features whether atonoplis likes it or not.
>many transactions on the BTC blockchain can still be traced even with these privacy improvements.
>many
It's not a privacy coin. It's just the best crypto with the best privacy features.
>>30405330
Not a protocol issue.
>you can know who owns an address if the owner tells everyone he owns it
Yes.

>> No.30405671

>>30405553

I know, I'm just saying bitcoin IS pseudo-anonymous.

>> No.30405759

The open ledger is just one of the features use to market it. In reality it's a ponzi. We all just assume it's got a way to run, so it we're smart and cashout in time, we make money.

>> No.30405841
File: 1.53 MB, 1150x4384, monero-is-the-future.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30405841

>>30405559
>When the option is available devs will implement these privacy features whether atonoplis likes it or not.

*Bitcoin expert Andreas Antonopolous is wrong about Bitcoin*

No ring signatures, ringCT and stealth addresses = not comparable to Monero. Anybody telling you otherwise is lying or delusional.


>It's not a privacy coin. It's just the best crypto with the best privacy features.

It's privacy is so shitty its getting replaced by Monero wherever fundamentals matter. Pic related.


>Not a protocol issue.

Transparent public ledger

>> No.30406136

>>30399285
yeah, I’d definitely say NuCypher is better than Monero

>> No.30406252
File: 12 KB, 390x136, incognito_prv.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30406252

I'm just waiting until /biz/ finds out about PRV.

>> No.30406262

>>30405841
>Transparent public ledger
Is one of the biggest features. It means any company or organization who is sincere about transparency and accountability should be keeping their assets in Bitcoin to counter things like Wirecard, Enron, Worldcom and the tens of billions in money laundering banks were fined for in the last few years.
The thing about a public ledger is you can put encrypted information on it. Meaning you can make entries on the ledger that are only accessible to key holders.

>> No.30406413

I've decided to buy more XMR.

Why? Because I have some money I'm not doing anything with, and it would make cp schizo cry, presumably while masturbating. I don't know what he's into, I just know what he constantly talks about.

>> No.30406488

- news mostly about attacks, patches and delistings

- perceived as archaic and static compared to newer smart, agile and well-connected projects

- might get banned and then difficult to trade with no liquidity

- wallets not fool-proof, users of hardware wallets show up daily because they can't see their coins

- no ubiquitous ways to buy directly with fiat

- missing on important exchanges

- (relatively) high barrier of entry for 2021 batch of buyers and people unfamiliar with crypto

- not natively compatible with ETH ecosystem

- no equivalent to easy browser plugins (e.g. Metamask)

- Anti-Virus stops Monero wallet installations

- no major DeFi applications, locked-out of the system

- few ways to earn money & rewards

- rewards only people with beefy mining CPUs

- no staking

- no official support

- no supply deflation by incentivizing to lock-up XMR

- supply inflates forever

- hodlers get nothing and continuously pay for inflation

- network effects haven't reached critical mass

- indirect governance is difficult and incentivizes freeloading

- little incentive to build on top of XMR

- other projects have far greater resources

- might get tracked in the future

- privacy might get trivialized and becomes a worthless commodity

- many other projects add "good enough" privacy leaving XMR only attractive for marginal groups

- some DeFi protocol with a pool and stablecoin might offer seamless privacy and stability in DeFi ecosystem without having to jump through as many hoops as one has to do with XMR

- stigmatic reputation

- some reputable parties don't want to be associated with XMR

>> No.30406529
File: 1.66 MB, 1188x1084, Captura de pantalla 2021-03-07 a las 18.14.51.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30406529

>>30406488

- big target for the government while other coins can fly under the radar

- already somewhat mature so less growth rate to be expected

- less price action means less attention

- age of coins with just one feature + chain might be over

- perpetual downtrend against BTC discourages hodling

- community encourages only to buy when people have a reason to dump/sell it right away

- investors are dumping in favor of BTC and DeFi which have monster momentum

- possibly giga-whales perpetually dumping

- uncertainty about supply bugs

- inefficiency in initial mining exploited

- parts of the code are weak and have never been properly audited (e.g. P2P stack)

- during attacks simple people had a bad user experience and nothing worked

- possible crackdown by governments and central banks on whole crypto space with uncertain outcome for XMR

[this kills the monerocuck]

>> No.30406738
File: 57 KB, 606x534, Eu3OVxuWgAguEi7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30406738

>>30406262
>It means any company or organization who is sincere about transparency and accountability

Transparency should be optional, not the default so that literally anybody can gawk at your balance and transaction history.

Monero enables optional transparency by generating a viewkey that you provide to whomever needs to know your details. Otherwise, it remains a brickwall for any and all snoopers.

>> No.30406798
File: 8 KB, 225x225, 874932423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30406798

>>30406488
>>30406529

Oh look, its Pedro the Undercover MoneroChad fudding for a dip again.

>> No.30406943

>>30406738
I don't buy opaque magic bricks that only some chosen devs can look inside of. How did the dev get the information about the number of transactions?

>> No.30407055
File: 63 KB, 828x950, monerochan17.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30407055

>>30406943
You can see transactions but not the contents.

>> No.30407081
File: 461 KB, 828x1388, 864547.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30407081

>>30406943
>I don't buy opaque magic bricks that only some chosen devs can look inside of. How did the dev get the information about the number of transactions?

Monero is open-source and is constantly being audited by for-profit 3rd parties, you're welcome to examine the code yourself.

https://github.com/monero-project/monero

>> No.30407489

>>30407055
Transparency should be the default both for debugging and to encourage transparency in general.
The only use case you don't want transparency for is retail transactions, a use case that doesn't need any of the features crypto offers like hard security. I don't need to record my coffee purchases in a state actor resistant global ledger. Making it private is irrelevant, why am I broadcasting my coffee purchase to the world in any form, encrypted or not?

>> No.30407591

>>30398295
Why did he have the need to flex on socialmedia? I don't get these criminals

>> No.30407803
File: 2 KB, 95x125, 1600738939250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30407803

>>30398295
@pic 100% never even fired that gun. Couldn't mag change if required
>t. disgusted

>> No.30407986

If this guy is being serious then I guess we're still early.

>> No.30408162

>LV belt
>Amiri/Robins jeans
>that haircut
>wears “Rob me” jewelry
Cringe.

That’s why, because he’s a fucking fool and does what the leaned out rappers who he thinks are cool do.

>> No.30408237

>>30401379
Fees on blockchains aren't determined by how many people use them. Monero's fees will always be lower than BTCs because the blocksize will expand. It's just another benefit of XMR over BTC.

>> No.30408249

>>30408162
Also I forgot
>no trigger discipline
>mag in because he wants to look cool

What a fucking jackass

>> No.30408969

>>30406798
Oh, it's the monero cuck who is able to provide 0 rebuttals to any of the 41 arguments presented and thinks that using an ad hominem will convince any investor to buy his bags

>> No.30409016

>>30408249
Still gets laid way more than you loser

>> No.30409028
File: 554 KB, 574x561, 1615031214758.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30409028

>>30408969
>Oh, it's the monero cuck who is able to provide 0 rebuttals to any of the 41 arguments presented and thinks that using an ad hominem will convince any investor to buy his bags

Thank you for your service.

>> No.30410017

>>30409016
You’re probably right, but I fuck architects and lawyers.

Now go back to listening to SmokePurpp and googling how to identify pressed Xanax bars.

>> No.30410139

>>30401379
BSV can process 50k tps for 1/100th of a penny.

>> No.30410611
File: 99 KB, 1600x900, 1589816963372.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30410611

>>30406488
>DeFi
>staking

>> No.30410663

>>30406488
why are monero fudders so retarded?

>> No.30410703

>>30410611
>water is bad because it has no fiber or protein

>> No.30410834

>>30410663
I dunno. I have fudded BNT on occasion out of genuine concern for hodlers, given that it literally has a backdoor built into it "for emergencies" which the devs admit to, but it's not like I'm in every single thread sweatily depositing the same screes of copy+paste nonsense

>> No.30411338
File: 74 KB, 1394x458, xmr 3-21.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30411338

>>30403662
i made a mistake, and you can see the amount of transactions, but not much else besides block rewards on these sites.

ttps://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-transactions.html

https://www.monero.how/

>> No.30411481

>>30398555
Fuckin jews

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action