[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.56 MB, 336x335, 1445374316755.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3038697 No.3038697 [Reply] [Original]

anyone have any advice or experience with getting pre-approved for a mortgage?

I called my bank yesterday and since my GF & I only have 1 credit card each & aren't making payments on anything they want 3 letters of 'Alternative Credit' from companies we pay every month that go back a year.

The only thing she has is the gym, and has only been paying her car insurance 3 months.

I have all the utilities etc in my name and I added her name to them, but not sure if they will notice she just got added if they send me a letter.

We each have good credit (mine is 791, her is 747) & we make decent money (120k combined with salaries) and I make an extra ~20k a year freelance.

We each have 0 debt.

Seems like we should qualify easy but since we each only have 1 credit card we ran into this problem.

Anyone dealt with anything similar or know the best action to take? I'd rather not open up a credit card now and wait a year.

>> No.3038740

>>3038697
They're telling you to fuck off without violating some federal laws.

tl;dr apply for 2-3 credit cards in just your name.

Don't apply with your gf.

Account from application to appearing on your credit report takes about 8 weeks

Apply for 2 from Chase (3+ applications denies all, freedom and southwest is good.)

Apply for two from Capital one (Venture and such.)

1 from AMEX (2+ application voids all)

And 2 from Citi bank.

TDameritrade/Target is ok.
Walmart Credit card is not good.

/r/churnung on reddit has some good cards.

Whatever you submit will not get approved. Don't waste your time.

>> No.3038969

>>3038740
won't applying for a bunch of credit cards destroy my score?