[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 67 KB, 624x468, chip-pin-debit-card.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3028345 No.3028345 [Reply] [Original]

Do you see crypto debit cards like TenX or TokenCard work in the near future? Are they long term holds or should they be sold since they are mooning as we speak?

Discuss

>> No.3028449

I am also very interested, TokenCard does not seem so promising for me. TenX got its own blockchain and is listed on Yunbi now.

Haven't read anything about Monaco so far.. but I will now!

>> No.3028486
File: 428 KB, 1280x720, 8568934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3028345
Ne, anon. Don't you think they're essentially prepaid cards? That's a pretty crappy business to be in. And I'm guessing that these guys will struggle to monetize their angles. Especially when regulation eventually rears its ugly head! They've built themselves around what would normally be features of a service, not necessarily a core business by itself. My guess is they'll eventually die.

The only one that I've noticed is different Metal (MTL) and their future metal (what else?) debit card. Why? Because they've made themselves into banking platform with US-based FDIC insured accounts and a crypto wallet where you own your own keys. In other words, they're basically a bank account! You can buy crypto with them through their app (using your external bank account), then use the bank account inside the app to just ditch the normal bank account.

That's why I bought a small bit and am sitting on it. Though if you disagree, I'd love to hear why!

>> No.3028493

>>3028449
Yeah forgot about Monacoin. I don't have any of that but opinions on that are also welcome.

>> No.3028520

>>3028486
I don't think there's anything wrong with them being "prepaid cards" in your words. You spend what you have and that sounds pretty normal to me.

>> No.3028684

monaco card will be released end of september

>> No.3029012

Just gonna bump this for more opinions.