[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 236 KB, 1201x631, dcr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3026245 No.3026245 [Reply] [Original]

what does /biz/ think about dcr? its dipping now thinking about picking some more up.

>> No.3026254

>>3026245
Shitcoin. Worse than POSW.

>> No.3026261

Isn't this the best staking coin by a long shot, like 36% a year just from staking?

>> No.3026265

all these bitcoin wannabe coins are dead. they were all hoping for bitcoin to die on August 1st, and it didn't happen.

>> No.3026270

Lost so much fucking money. Hope it pumps soon to sell my bags.

>> No.3026386

it's approaching the low it put in right after the first pump back in april. hoping it will bounce and my iron hands dont fail me. it might be time for me to start saving pink wojaks lads...

>> No.3026612

anyone else have trouble starting the wallet? I'm getting some sort of RPC server connection error

>> No.3026783

Got it at 0.013 now im bagholding it -50% lol

>> No.3026798

this garbage has been nothing but a loser for me

>> No.3027027

>>3026612
I get the same error. Try clicking "retry" a few times, it should work eventually.I think I'll report it on the slack channel, they're pretty responsive in there.

For anyone calling it shitty, do your research. They have one of the best dev teams around, unique decentralized governance system and upcoming decentralized funding system,, should have Lightning Network by the end of this year, also upcoming privacy features. The devs are VERY pro-privacy and they're also collaborating with Monero, so I expect very good developments on that front. After Lightning and the privacy stuff, they'll probably look into adding smart contracts. Basically, I can see Decred becoming a kind of "supercoin", with their top class devs and governance system they'll easily be able to adapt and add great new features without the political BS, whether it's smart contracts or quantum resistance or whatever.

It's a long term hold and very undervalued now IMO. And yeah, I think the return on staking is like 20-30% per year, although it will be reducing in the next few years.

>> No.3027065

It's been maintaining its $30 value for a while and has been considered "undervalued" for some time.

Worst case it's a really good long term hold as it has active development, competent devs, several features in the pipeline, and a budget to spend on people to develop the coin.

>> No.3027641

I have mixed feelings about this coin. Back in the day, it used to be one of the most promising coins, but it's been a while that it doesn't have much going on.

I hope they stop trying to make it a Bitcoin clone, and focus more on it being a pro-privacy coin. At least they have in on they 2017 roadmap: https://blog.decred.org/2017/01/09/2017-Decred-Roadmap/

>> No.3027790
File: 5 KB, 225x224, wel fug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

well it broke the april low and unless it changes course soon i feel like its gonna keep tanking for awhile. i really want to like this one and i dont have too much in it so no shaking these hands for now. i feel dumb getting this shit while everything else is pumping big time, dcr put a damper on my other shitcoin gains.