[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 498 KB, 1284x840, A39ED7FB-E65C-4A4A-8490-7C40D4D4EB99.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30251829 No.30251829 [Reply] [Original]

I’d suggest reading the white paper front to back if you haven’t already... this is by no means an in depth explanation as it goes impressively deep. I’m honestly still trying to wrap my head around the business of trading energy credits, before Efforce I didn’t even know this market existed. It’s fascinating in itself. I think the main reason nobody really talks about WOZX yet is frankly, it’s very hard to understand.

To understand how Efforce works, it is helpful (if not necessary) to understand the Kyoto Protocol. Far from being a cryptographic program, the Kyoto Protocol is an international treaty created by the United Nations in the early 90s to reduce carbon emissions to fight climate change. The treaty was signed in 1997, introducing something called Carbon Credits to many developed nations.

Each Carbon Credit represents “the right to emit one ton of carbon dioxide or the equivalent amount of a different greenhouse gas”. Companies earn carbon credits from governments and regulatory bodies when they engage in practices that reduce their emissions.

Oddly enough, the introduction of Carbon Credits has created an entirely new market. Carbon Credits cost anywhere between 4$USD to over 30$USD depending on demand from traders and other companies. Fun fact: Tesla makes most of its money from selling the Carbon Credits and is projected to earn 1.5 billion USD from selling Carbon Credits in 2020 alone.

Carbon Credits are just one type of energy credit that can be traded, and this energy credits market is the focus of the Efforce platform. Investors (Contributors) can crowdfund developments which reduce energy expenditures at a given company (Saver). In return, Contributors are given a tokenized representation of the energy credits as a company receives them.

>> No.30251856

>(2/2)

Like Carbon Credits, the tokenized energy credits on Efforce can be freely traded, and a third party (Consumer) could opt to purchase these tokenized credits to reduce their own electrical costs. As such, regular people like you and me will likely not be participating on the Efforce platform anytime soon. It is geared towards large corporations which deal with these energy credits.

Although services like Efforce already exist (notably AitherCO2, the company which co-founded the project), what sets Efforce apart is that it can streamline an otherwise costly and complicated process. As with other cryptocurrency projects, it can achieve this by using smart contracts in lieu of middlemen such as banks, brokers, and lawyers.

>> No.30251970

Biggest scamcoin I’ve ever seen. Look at the team aside from Wozniak. Looks like a couple of druggie dropouts who somehow managed to get Wozniak on board either through a family friend or because Wozniak is broke and needs the money.

>> No.30252020
File: 10 KB, 226x223, A246F0A2-7421-4897-AF6A-6BB23B4772DC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>30251970
> being this retarded

>> No.30252154
File: 96 KB, 720x303, E8CB29E3-C0AD-4D69-9820-58A6BB0698E3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>30251970
Ha ha ha, ya got me anon