[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 102 KB, 746x717, Hzms34f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3020748 No.3020748 [Reply] [Original]

Clueless retard here. 24 with a shit job, on/off NEET. Recently got interested in this stuff. At this point I'll probably kill myself if life doesn't get better within a few years so I figured why not.
Anyway, is there any 'starter guide' around? I've read a few blogs that seem to give a rundown, but I mean specifically, how should I start out? Do I literally just buy some BTC or ETH on coinbase and pray?
Any help would be great.

>> No.3020763

In the same boat as him, albeit two years younger. Gonna do my first investment in BTC/ETH on Monday. Any additional insight is appreciated

>> No.3020774

Lesson #1: Don't expect to be spoonfed.

>> No.3020790

Lesson #2: Stop buying the all-time-high you bunch of dumb niggers

>> No.3020826

I'd suggest watching some youtube videos, learn how to buy, learn what mistakes that people made when they were first starting out, there's lots of information available. Get some BTC or ETH and hold it while you research. Then pick up some altcoins when you've done some research and have some understanding of the market.

>> No.3020875

>>3020748
Clueless retad 2.0 here, 18 y/o with borderline depression due to fucked up education system and wagecucking jobs in the future. Cant deal with it. Maybe we all should hang around and teach eachother what we learn as we go along. What do you say? Take my email senor.jalepino@gmail.com (It's a fucking disposable email id so dont even waste your time trying to hack it, its literally pointless)

>> No.3020899

>>3019957

>> No.3020916

Investing is hard. I started trading stocks in college with student aid money at 18. Lost thousands until I got into the swing of things.

Don't expect to make a killing your first time investing. In crypto you can get lucky faster than stocks though. The worst thing is buying after a major bull run. Choose coins you think have potential and buy before everyone else does.
Then wait for the bull rally and collect your well earned profit.

>> No.3020960

>>3020899
Thanks
>>3020826
Will do
>>3020916
>Lost thousands
Did you just get really unlucky or do you feel like there was an actual reason?

>> No.3020990

>>3020960
I lost money because I bought after big rallies. The key to investing is doing the opposite of what your brain says. There's studies that show the best investors get worried at market tops and sell, while losers get greedy and buy.

Investing is about knowing you're right and buying when everyone is pessimistic so the price is the lowest it can be. The price can't get low for you to buy if everyone is optimistic.

>> No.3021058

>>3020990
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the insight.