[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 8 KB, 249x249, 1526408993597s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30140182 No.30140182 [Reply] [Original]

Write about your job experiences, anons.
Here's how I became a saboteur.
>universityfag, had to do co-op as part of program
>get shitty IT job
>absolutely miserable, mind-breaking, boomer-office-tier bullshit wageslave job
>get into it excited, but very quickly lose interest
>spend days refilling printers and dusting off computers
>would be comfy if not for the fact that the company had around 5,000 clients come in each day
>and if "dusting computers" didn't mean getting asbestosis from 15 year old desktops that weren't cleaned once in their operating life
>also don't get a mask
>all the office boomers watch "orange man bad" on repeat during break
>was given projects to complete, most of which were impossible with the level of experience an entry-level worker would have - really ambitious and unrealistic "visionary" shit for the office
>expected to come in for 40 hours a week, all while studying, get paid 13 bucks an hour for it, and to be grateful
>most of the day is just sitting in the office going insane
>also happened to also be having psychotic breakdown/decline during those few months (feel almost completely better now, but the pressure at the time made my go schizo for a while)
>gradually become disillusioned by wageslavery (was already wary of it, but this sealed my resolve)
>realize I can't technically be fired until co-op term expires
>start foregoing lunch breaks so that I can leave work a full hour and a half earlier
>started coming to work 20 minutes late, without fail
>sneak out of office and hide in one of the many server rooms, playing vidya and watching YouTube videos
>use shitty tiny thinkpad that I could hide at a moment's notice to watch shows while in the office
>have parts source sites open on desktop as proof of "work"
(1/?)

>> No.30140198

>if I ever got caught, would say it's just in the background to help me work better
>managed to learn psychotherapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy to help with my psychosis
>watched entirety of Altered Carbon, Lucifer, Breaking Bad, Narcos and a few anime series, all back-to-back
>this was all during the start of COVID, so I spent the time schizoposting on /pol/, /x/, /g/
>prepped for COVID by using ample time to acquire various supplies (realize now it was all a nothingburger, but at least I'm prepped for any happening now)
>learn how to start business and how to self-improve, be self-sufficient and avoid wageslavery
>discover /biz/
>boomers at work were getting progressively more pissy with me
>just stop leaving my office completely, say I'm "working on the projects, just gotta learn X or Y before I can get to the next stage"
>didn't actually know what the projects even were in the first place
>just read the paragraph describing it, but never looked beyond that because I knew it was fucking impossible
>was shit on the level of "build machine-learning network of client tracking" when I haven't even fucking finished learning C++
>would go from science lab to science lab, playing on the computers and tinkering with hardware
>if I ever got confronted, say I was playing vidya as a "benchmark for the graphics cards"
Wasn't very comfy because of psychosis, I actually felt really shitty, but it was the most I could make of a bad situation.
(2/3)

>> No.30140237
File: 61 KB, 600x600, 1605570990530.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All in all, what I did at that job for work was:
>dust off about 120 desktops
>swap motherboards on 3 computers
>re-fill printers about 5 times
>run one single ethernet wire about 10 feet through a wall

I also took a few computer parts home to diagnose and re-paste. They were going to scrap them and I was told that if they were broken I could keep 'em, so not theft.
>got terminated as a result of COVID
>got to keep about $1,500 worth of parts
>got 2 free raspberry pi 3s
>4 arduino unos
>3 GPUs of various shitty models
>16GB of RAM
>3TB worth of drives
>couple SSDs

At the end, I ended up actually working about 5 days out of the 3 months that I was there.
>after getting terminated as a result of COVID, qualify for NEETbux
>got paid 6,500 for the 3 months of work

I used it all to:
>start two small businesses, one to do with electronics refurbishment and one with leathercraft works
>buy 100oz of silver bullion and some self sufficiency supplies
>programming a small piece of software to sell
>learned web dev in spare time, will do a bit of freelance work to pay the bills
>collect disabilitybux for my autism the rest of the time
>built a homegym, now I can lift in peace from normalfags
I'm never fucking wageslaving again.

>> No.30140521
File: 499 KB, 600x511, 1614321358851.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>30140182
Janitor.
Had to clean the whole school alone at night. That shit was spooky.

>> No.30140619

>>30140182
I've worked a job since graduating..
From multiple retails to food to IT. None of it is amazing but I've always been fine working for my dollar. I don't feel like I've ever had a terrible experience, though working in a hardware store is mind numbingly boring and I've been fired a couple times for this or that.

>> No.30140651

This isn't your blog faggot and you sound like a piece of shit employee