Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/biz/ - Business & Finance


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 592 KB, 1200x1180, 100FF7C1-53DB-4A8B-8C82-0793BE3F5059.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
29996918 No.29996918 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Software dev and /biz/ oldfag here who bought the ICO. Let me explain why I think GRT is extremely overvalued.

The best argument for GRT is that there are no competitors.
Who cares if they're not around yet? They don't need to be if the product doesn't have a huge, insurmountable barrier to entry. Simply put, the project is extremely easy to copy. There’s nothing stopping a dex like pancakeswap from forking it to BSC.

I agree that GRT has first mover advantage. But Salesforce is still Salesforce despite being late to the game after Act! or Siebel Sales Handheld. Zoom was founded nearly ten years after Skype, yet the latter is on its last legs. And there are thousands of such examples. Platforms that rely on network effect, conversely, have a much more significant first mover advantage (social media, ecommerce, etc.).

There is inherent value in the chainlink network because of node reputation. GRT doesn't need to establish trust, it just needs to convert data from one format to another. If the library was clientside then you could validate its output yourself.

>> No.29997043

>>29996918
> Simply put, the project is extremely easy to copy. There’s nothing stopping a dex like pancakeswap from forking it to BSC.

KEK Absolutely not?? what are you smoking?
Can you fork Ethereum? can you fork MakerDAO?

RETARD

>> No.29997070

>>29996918
I cashed out at $2.80 by the way. I’m still somewhat bullish on GRT but don’t feel married to your bags. There’s so many better products like ATOM or DOT

>> No.29997175

Bet he is holding prq

>> No.29997320

>I claim to be an oldfag but come up with the oldest fud in the book
>Mentions the 'copycat' fud and thinks he's acting smart
Dude just kys faggot. this whole post is cringe.

>> No.29997343

>>29996918
I too am a /biz/ oldfag and a software dev. Let me explain why I just bought another 5k GRT.

>> No.29997522

>>29997320
GRT doesn’t rely on network effect like BTC or LINK so there’s nothing stopping a competitor with better tech coming around in a few years and taking the whole customer base.

>> No.29997621

>>29997522
Maker doesn’t rely on network effect like BTC or LINK so there’s nothing stopping a competitor with better tech coming around in a few years and taking the whole customer base and creating another DAI, right?

>> No.29997669

I‘m a gender studies PhD and we should all spent at least 70 % of our crypto to females they are only holding 30 % of crypto.

>> No.29997757

>>29997621
You just don’t get it

Stay poor

>> No.29997803

>>29997757
Kek, newfag trying to teach me a lesson

>> No.29997867

>>29997803
Why do you call him fag? Are you so insecure about your sexuality?

>> No.29997914

>>29996918
>Zoom was founded nearly ten years after Skype
This is the worst fucking argument ever. Stick to software dev and not business dev

>> No.29997928

>>29997522
Thats a pretty stupid argument considering how many have adopted grt currently and the fact that networks are meaningless against the dollar almighty. Any project can be dethroned because any good enough competitor will dissolve the previously built networks as everyone rushes to receive the benefits of the new cheaper and more superior service. So if were going to talk about hypotheticals we might as well take it to its ultimate end. I fud the shit out of grt but youre going to make people even more bullish with weak fud.

>> No.29997978

>>29997522
>in a few years
with enough adoption by the end of 2021 it'll be too late. It's like saying ETH will be replaced "in a few years" in 2016. Being first with enough runway is all that matters, you're not an oldfag if you dont know that

>> No.29997982

>>29997867
>decent bait
the real oldfag in the thread, everyone.

>> No.29997985

>>29996918
>simply put there is nothing stopping a dex like pancake swap from forking it
pancake swap tried that though and failed and then contacted graph on twitter

>> No.29998030

Imagine requiring a token to use grep.

>> No.29998098

>>29997978
>>29997928
> MySpace will always be the biggest social media site cause it has the most users!

Yikes

>> No.29998192

>>29997867
he called himself a fag by using chainlink as a fucking example of a network that has inherent value... because of its inexistent node reputation system.. while GRT is implementing one.... This retard OP said anyone can fork GRT, yeah like you'll find indexers, validators and curators on every street corner right retard? like you are going to fork its economic security too? probably a troll, but in case OP is not: you are not a software dev, because if you were, you would know, fucking moron.

>> No.29998242
File: 106 KB, 640x775, 1542550176664.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
29998242

GRT pumps, board suddenly gets flooded with fud

>> No.29998405

>>29997982
Your unironically right. I‘m maybe one of the oldest oldfags you will ever meet, been here since 2004, started my trolling career when moot himself was mod on /b/. Left /b/ Long ago and now I‘m trolling mostly here since I got an severe gambling addiction. It‘s nothing I‘m very proud of, I think 4chan really is the reason my life is a huge failure, but I just can‘t leave, spent about 6 hours a day here. Since 17 fucking years.
That‘s it, just wanted to explain myself.

>> No.29998433

>>29998242
Can't believe there are still some retards who haven't bought sub $.5 and are now FUDing here to get lower prices. Retards

>> No.29998591
File: 692 KB, 945x745, grt_never_selling.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
29998591

>>29996918
You had 2 months

>> No.29998606

>>29998405
honestly fuck off larping retard

>> No.29998677

>>29998606
I‘m not larping, it‘s the truth. You don’t need to believe me, it doesn’t matter.

>> No.29998760

>>29997867
Summer already?

>> No.29998769

>>29998606
No reason to believe it's a larp. I've been here since 2005. I left for 420chan for a while, and then irc, but everyone eventually comes back.

>> No.29998973

>>29998769
You can go, but you can never leave. It‘ the sad truth.

>> No.29999002

>>29998677
>>29998769
If you are an "oldfag" and as retarded as OP still, I legit spit on your silly faces, probably living with "incel" written deep in your empty souls. I hate you retards. I'll be fucking richer in a few months while you still browse that fucking ugly ass board stuck in 2004

>> No.29999057

>>29998405
Glad there are still some of you around. I was late to the game to /b/ sometime in 08 or 09 during the habbo era.
Hopefully youve been able to fund the addiction with the help of /biz/ one of my closest friends unironically has the same addiction and its nothing to scoff at. Good luck /b/rother, I hope you overcome it and make it with me.
>>29998098
Lol
>this is just like avengers! Grt is basically spiderman and this new indexer im imagining is thanos! You guys are gonna get so wrecked its not even funny!
Bro just wait a few months, grt will be cheap again. Its not too late for a boarding pass.

>> No.29999096

>>29996918
>Software dev
>I'm a retard

Thanks for the warning.

>> No.29999213

>>29996918
Wow... I've been a huge fan of this project for a really long time OP but what you just said has really stunned me. It's like I finally *understand* something for once. Not only that, but I understand why I always felt a little weird about this project, like it was a scam or something. But the way you put that has really moved me from some weird intuitive suspicion I had to knowing that GRT is a scam beyond a doubt.

This is a GRT thread so many won't be able to do this, but I suggest that everyone who can take a moment to read what OP wrote. It makes a lot of sense because it's true.
>>29997043
You really don't think "The Graph" is easy to copy? Don't you get how conflicting that is? "The Graph" is trying to build out "Web 3," which is a copy of Web 2, which was a copy of Web 1, which was a copy of email, which was a copy of paper mail, which was a copy of courier pigeon mail, which was a copy of talking really loudly to a group of assembled people, which was a copy of talking to just a few people, which was a copy of talking to just one person, which was a copy of talking to yourself, which was a copy of non-verbal thinking, which was a copy of electro-magnetic synapse firing or some ridiculous nonsense and yet you think that "The Graph" is not easy to copy? Copying is the only thing that ever happens. Nothing original has ever been done let alone tried. And you say The Graph is not easy to copy? How can you say that? Also, why would you say something like that even if you thought it? How dare you, actually. How absolutely dare you. You should be apologizing for this right now. Apologize right now.
>>29997070
Wow, this is great news. Somewhat disappointing that you'd participate in a scam yourself but just wonderful to see you got out and probably dunked on someone in this thread who is now without a doubt homeless, living in a cardboard box somewhere. What a great thing to imagine. Some guy who can't read buying your GRT at 2.80 and becoming homeless.

>> No.29999237

>>29999002
Unironically, I wrote part of the OPs post in a FUD thread last night because I was bored, and I'm kind of turned on that they thought it was good enough to copy. This shit is just way too entertaining. If you're a programmer, then it's so easy to troll convincingly.

>> No.29999542

>>29999002
Actually I‘m married, have a daughter and am an architect. I made a shitload of money since switching from /b/ to biz.

>> No.29999650
File: 62 KB, 480x480, WhatsAppImage2020-10-23at12.21.03PM_2_large_20ac9a3b-207e-463d-8726-b5c705fa6849_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
29999650

>>29999002
There's an irony to the first two lines of your post that is not lost on me.

>> No.30001512

Based fudposters. We're all going to make it grtchads

>> No.30003121

>>29998098
>comparing a social platform with very different strategies and hordes of fickle users that evolve each generation
>with a utility token
you're not an oldfag, you're barely in the crypto space and you're not even in the tech space in general, no point arguing with a retard

>> No.30003577
File: 34 KB, 680x591, 307.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30003577

>>29999213
>You really don't think "The Graph" is easy to copy? Don't you get how conflicting that is? "The Graph" is trying to build out "Web 3," which is a copy of Web 2, which was a copy of Web 1, which was a copy of email, which was a copy of paper mail, which was a copy of courier pigeon mail, which was a copy of talking really loudly to a group of assembled people, which was a copy of talking to just a few people, which was a copy of talking to just one person, which was a copy of talking to yourself, which was a copy of non-verbal thinking, which was a copy of electro-magnetic synapse firing or some ridiculous nonsense and yet you think that "The Graph" is not easy to copy? Copying is the only thing that ever happens. Nothing original has ever been done let alone tried.
We're in the presence of a true genius

>> No.30003601

Buy now or you will regret later, last warning

>> No.30004125

>>29996918
I am confused about how this argument doesnt apply to literally anything else

>> No.30004346

low quality post OP

>> No.30004384

>>29999650
im about to order this patch for 9 bucks
someone please talk me out of it

>> No.30004669

Why does this piece of rat shit keep dumping?

>> No.30004812

>>29996918
I hold 2 PhDs, one in computer science and the other in global economics. I've developed scalable, enterprise-level software for companies for over 10-years and I can say with 100% certainty that I jus farded and shid my pants maybe cummies too all in on GRT

>> No.30004848

>>29996918
>>29997043
>>29997320
>>29997343
>>29997669
>>29997928

GRT EOY price prediction?

>> No.30004964

>>30004848
$4 if we're lucky.

>> No.30004987

>>30004848
33$ checkem

>> No.30005121

>>30004848
$14

>> No.30005189

>>30004848
$7.28

>> No.30005196

>>30004987
there are websites/apps that will let you see when the next GET on a board will be. lurk moar before posting.

>> No.30005268

>>29997522
>nothing stopping a competitor with better tech
The biggest factor is decentralization. This requires more than just money and a git repo fork.

>> No.30005339
File: 88 KB, 700x520, 1614491914851.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30005339

>>30004848
$10

>> No.30005414

>>30004848
1 trillion billion million dollars

>> No.30005487

>>30004964
What do you mean by lucky?

>> No.30005518

>>30004848

Twice as much as LINK will be worth EOY

>> No.30005614

On another note, GRT is pumping.

>> No.30005660

>>30004848
$14.88

>> No.30006163
File: 131 KB, 571x529, 1613241219339.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30006163

>they sold at $1.50

>> No.30006269
File: 32 KB, 335x352, fgsfds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30006269

>>29998405

>> No.30006880

>>30003577
The man is a treasure

>> No.30007107

Guys do you think we'll keep pumping over this week?
It's looking good now but I feel like I might get better short-term gains in MATIC or such.

>> No.30007141
File: 105 KB, 1125x612, jon-hammeiza-gonzalez.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30007141

>>30006163
> they sold the plugs of butts at the dip

>> No.30007198

>>30005487
Well 20x in a year is pretty fucking lucky faggot

>> No.30007199

>>30007107
check latest 1m candle

time to sell! NOW

>> No.30007256

>>30004848
How does $1.50 sound?

>> No.30007291

>>30004848
$12

>> No.30007303

>>30004848
$10 worst case scenario.

>> No.30007563

>>30004848
anything less than $100 is fud

>> No.30009060
File: 1.10 MB, 244x244, 04E7B289-3912-4CEC-9A5D-B28EE333AC24.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30009060

>>29999542

>> No.30009158

>>30005196
dubs says stfu

>> No.30009270
File: 20 KB, 418x359, 1610174878973.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30009270

>>30009060

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action