[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 118 KB, 148x148, 1604862318580.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29986241 No.29986241 [Reply] [Original]

What is your honest non-meme opinion on GME? Do you think it will go up or down? Is it a smart investment? Did any of you actualy make a lot of money from it? I want to know :)

>> No.29986514

There was a period over the past three trading days where substantial gains could be made by swing trading, but it has basically passed now unless you care about 10% gains that hold way more risk than they did on Friday.

Unless Reddit can come up with another great big meme that will pump this stock (such as a theory that more shares are being shorted than ever) there will be a slow bleedout over the next two weeks as we settle to baseline of $70. That being said, if the price dips to anywhere around $80 the next three days it is basically guaranteed profits.

>> No.29987732

Brick and mortar businesses are dead (mostly, I mean most of them are zombies right now, they survive on stim money) because of COVID-19. They have very little opportunity for growth.
If they can move to the digital domain, they might make it, but it will be tough to compete against Valve, EA, etc.

>> No.29987740

>>29986241
If you don't think it will go sideways but will go up or down just do a volatility play.

>> No.29988443

I'm a bagholder. i feel duped. the commonfolk never had any power over the market. it's just a battle of giants. my money is sitting there and im powerless. i fed a few hedgies to try to defeat the enemy hedgies. I'm scared to get into crypto, but i know that it is probably less manipulated than the stock market. at least i hope so

>> No.29990399

>>29988443
>crypto is probably less manipulated than the stock market.
LMAO I take it that you weren't there during McDonalds shitcoin pump. Lurk moar desu.

>> No.29990573

>>29987732
Brick and mortar is coming back. Consumers are sick of being isolated from others and being burned by false advertising online.
Gamestop comes into the equation by being an excuse to head out into the world, talk to people, and get game recommendations. Gamestop could be massive if they hired more technical people who know what they're talking about.

>> No.29991828

>>29990573
Short-term yes, but unless GME makes a way to attract customers after the initial in flow of customers, they are going to slowly bleed out. Competing with Steam and other online stores would be the only way for them to continue living. Worst case scenario would be PlayStation pulling a Apple move and completely remove the disk tray next generations cause they can and complete ruin GME.