[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.46 MB, 500x558, 1612930411891.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29841925 No.29841925 [Reply] [Original]

>worked as a wagie for a couple of years out of highschool
>went to college
>by the time i graduated i had made millions off crypto and will never work again

Sometimes i feel weird cause I havent really "worked" a day in my life. Like when I watch shows/films that take place in an office or some other professional work environment I feel strange, like I missed out on something. Id imagine its the feeling someone gets watching films set in college having never went yourself. Or maybe those teenage love films, when its something you never experienced...

I also often wonder what will I tell my children when they ask what their daddy does for a job? What do my children tell their friends or their friends parents? What if they had a career day at school, do I just not attend? Beyond even that when my kids eventually get older and start their own professional life, I will be completely unable to connect with their work experience. They will talk about the latest office happenings, and I will be completely unable to connect. Its just a very strange feeling.

>> No.29842445

>>29841925
You lucky fuck how did you do it?
Also that image looks so comfy

>> No.29842660

>>29841925
Trust me faggot this aint high school lovey dovey movies you didnt miss shit. Lots of wagefag gonnna kill to switch place with you.

>> No.29842665

>>29841925
Proud of you anon. Been working for almost a decade now in an office, it’s hell. Just reached a million recently. Hoping to be at 2-3 million before I consider not working.

>> No.29842671

>>29841925
fake and gay kys OP

>> No.29842709

As a wagie i can tell you that all you're missing out on is working with complete retards who dont even do the bare minimum yet get to stay because of how aggressively they gargle managements cock and balls. You're a very lucky guy to have made it. If you really want to know what it feels like to work just start your own business, this way you not only provide future positions for your children (which will solve one of your problems) but you will also continue to grow your wealth while giving other wagies an income to survive off of. Its a win win. Or you could always just work anyways despite having made it, and when youve had enough of the bullshit 99% of the others deal with you can back out and return to the rich life without any real issues.

>> No.29842867
File: 118 KB, 345x345, 1597520723562.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

no one cares

>> No.29842969

>>29842671
everybody laughs at your sorry, broke ass

>> No.29843143

>>29841925
>write a shitty book
>whenever people ask what you do for a living, tell them you're an author

Problem solved and you're not even lying... technically.

>> No.29843500

>>29841925
>Sometimes i feel weird cause I havent really "worked" a day in my life. Like when I watch shows/films that take place in an office or some other professional work environment I feel strange, like I missed out on something. Id imagine its the feeling someone gets watching films set in college having never went yourself. Or maybe those teenage love films, when its something you never experienced...

It's some kind of guilty for getting easy money without doing any kind of efford or sacrifice for earn it. But it's better to feel guilty about "unearned money" than feeling like a pathethic loser because you are a poorfag closed in your wagecage for life. The cat looking through the window is really a good simil. There is a entire world working, but that's not your world.

>I also often wonder what will I tell my children when they ask what their daddy does for a job? What do my children tell their friends or their friends parents? What if they had a career day at school, do I just not attend? Beyond even that when my kids eventually get older and start their own professional life, I will be completely unable to connect with their work experience. They will talk about the latest office happenings, and I will be completely unable to connect. Its just a very strange feeling.

"Hi, my name is Anon and I'm a digital asset trader and tech investor. I madesome good profits in my twenties."

>> No.29843620

>>29841925
Ive seen that exact image only that the cat was looking through the window into a spaceship. Anyone got the story of that pic?

>> No.29843835

I dont need to work either, mostly off property. If I could tell you one thing, it's that it's the best thing ever. The mindset a working enviroment puts you in is so odd. You feel like half of yourself, but you never know it, until you leave, then you're like "fuck"

Then you can start picking hobbies, lifting weights, meditating, reading books, being grateful. Gratitude is the big one. But the best thing about not working is you can be yourself everywhere you go. People who work are fake in the office and they bring that fakeness outside with them. They're it total conflict from how they feel they "Should" be rather than how they "want" to be

It makes you give zero fucks about other peoples opinions and judgements, because that's just other peoples insecurity. Dont be a neet with a wagie mindset. You have the best thing ever now which is time and freedom. Your mind can legit be so peaceful every day, but if you're always working then it'll never get there. Moneys great, but time and headspace is on another level. Well done, youre gonna make it

>> No.29843857
File: 960 KB, 599x598, 1598275802794.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anon don't send your children to public school. It's brainwashing. Since you have the time, put together a good homeschooling curriculum and if you and your wife are too busy to interact with your children, have the maid walk them through the lessons. Homeschooling is extremely easy these days and you can pick and choose what you want the kids to learn. There are also homeschooling groups for socializing the kids so they don't grow up "weird" and there are sports teams they can get on that aren't tied to the schools.

Read John Taylor Gatto.

>> No.29843895

>>29843835
Also
>having kids

>> No.29844196

>>29842445
BTC pretty early on. Was buying it with my walmart wages and even pumped a bit of student loan money into it. I mean i had help though. I got to live with parents and didnt really have to pay for anything so i could funnel what little money i had into it.

>>29842660
Yeah i know grass is always greener. But idk its still just something i feel like i missed out on, and idk some people seem to enjoy at least the social aspect of it, cant count how many people i know who seemed happy to get back to work in the office because they got tired of working from home apparently.

>>29842665
I think that's the best way to approach it. Set a monetary goal and dont cash out until you hit it. Its literally how i did it.

>>29842709
Ive thought about this but im like 4 years removed from my degree. So it would probably not help me. So i feel like all i could get are probably minimum wage retail jobs. As far as starting business i have literally zero ideas for a business so wouldnt even know where to begin

>> No.29844450

I've yet to see a single BTC millionaire and I've been fucking with BTC since 2010. This board is so full of shit and gook con men its hilarious.

>> No.29844453

I mean, there is no reason you can't just find something you really love and do it part time but really casually.

For example, I compete in powerlifting and then will from time to time take on a personal client who is actually motivated to get better. If I ever make it I plan on just telling people that is my job and lying about how much it pays me/how much of it I do. Gives me an excuse to stay in the gym more and get away from people if I need to be alone.

>> No.29844461

>>29843835
This is true. I finally pulled the trigger on quitting my job and I immediately felt a lot more peace. A lot of the stress I was carrying about whether or not I'd get fucked over again vanished and now I can finally be like that pepe who just doesn't care. I can't wait to fully put waging behind me forever.

>> No.29844527
File: 182 KB, 1080x1512, 1613774283699.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29843500
>its a kind of guilty feeling
This is actually probably true. I feel like its also maybe a socialization thing slightly, cause i really dont go out much these days.

>>29843143
What if they wanted to read my shitty book though?

>>29843620
Not sure got it on /biz/ while back though. Here is another image i got in the same thread.

>> No.29844615

>>29844196
Anon I'd recommend you invest a portion ~20% of your BTC into real estate.Fiat and crypto are memes until they get you stuff. And both are shit in the long term. Though it might be longer than a lifetime. Think generations.

>> No.29844931

>>29844450
I've seen a G-wagon in all gold and with its Mercedes logos replaced with bitcoin couple like 2 years ago in the neighboring university town, not sure if the dude lives there still because I don't go there often but thats probably the only overt example of bitcoin millionaire I've seen.

>> No.29845015

>>29844450
How have you been dabbling in btc for so long but not made money? Just selling too early or blowing it on dumb stuff? I honestly think my mindset of not cashing out until i had a certain $ amounts worth helped me, of course it means i missed out on even more money i could have made off of it, but oh well..

Also they may just not come here often. Im not in biz as much as i used to be.

>>29844453
Ive actually recently started going to the gym. I enjoy the self improvement, but im not sure ill ever be so passionate about it id be a trainer. Honestly cant even really think of anything I love that i could turn into a part time job.

>>29844615
>real estate
I know its a good investment but i dont even know where to begin with it. Like i dont really enjoy the idea of having to maintain a house and find tenants. And then having to listen to sob stories about why they cant pay rent. Currently i just live off of dividends when I originally cashed out, which is far more than i can ever use.

>> No.29845016
File: 74 KB, 386x573, 1610603868319.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29844527
>What if they wanted to read my shitty book though?
Anon that literally never happens. I have two family members that have written books and I'm a HUGE bibliophile, literally 99.9999th percentile on books read per year. I've never touched them and probably never will.

>> No.29845194

>>29845015
>I know its a good investment but i dont even know where to begin with it. Like i dont really enjoy the idea of having to maintain a house and find tenants.
You can hire a property management company to do literally everything for you. All you have to do is authorize them to pay for repairs and receive direct deposit to a bank account. If you have a lot of money I recommend buying an entire apartment complex. If you want to move all over the country you can buy a house with an ELOC, live there for two years, then move again and have a property management company rent it out for you (living there for two years is tax advantaged but not strictly necessary).

If you're not comfortable with it, obviously don't do it. Location is everything in real estate and if you don't know what you're doing you can easily get fucked.

>> No.29845427
File: 708 KB, 1401x1002, 1551230301429.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29845015
>i dont really enjoy the idea of having to maintain a house and find tenants
find a real estate agency which will manage your property (for a fee ofc). You'll get less yes, but you won't have to deal with this shit. And do mind taxes. You can get into a LOT of trouble if you fuck up there. That's what I'd do at least. Then again I'm a newfag europoor who's pic related close to selling and losing my shit.

>> No.29845560

>>29841925
Why dont you get a part time job doing something cool? Security job or something.

>> No.29845651

what do jews tell their kids?

>> No.29845876

>>29845560
Lmao im far from intimidating enough to be a security guard.

>>29845194
>>29845427
>property management companies
Ig that wouldn't be too bad. If i was to do it i feel like property in less populated states is about to start going up. States like Wyoming and Vermont. Ig it could just be because of the covid scare and might not pan out, but it seemed like alot of people were wanting to move to states like this and work remotely. Idk.

>>29845651
They survived the holocaust.

>> No.29845920

>>29845015
>Ive actually recently started going to the gym. I enjoy the self improvement, but im not sure ill ever be so passionate about it id be a trainer. Honestly cant even really think of anything I love that i could turn into a part time job.

It's okay anon. Keep trying new things, sticking to them for 6 months to a year, and you will find something.

I hope you make it. I am trying to make it as well and what you are going through is something I think about a lot.

>> No.29845989

>>29844450
Btc was like $0.10 back then. If you put 10 dollars in you'd have $5,000,000 right now.

>> No.29846001

>>29844196
>As far as starting business i have literally zero ideas for a business so wouldnt even know where to begin

Be a business angel for a kickstarter or similar on the condition you get to have an (minor) active role in the project. They will be nice to you because money and you get to have the fun of projects and deadlines and stale coffee and personality clashes and zoom meetings etc. If you've got sound instincts you'll end up with another revenue stream.

>> No.29846135

>>29841925
>I often wonder what will I tell my children
You do realize we have like 50 years left at most before we all die from gobal warming right?

>> No.29846183

>>29845876
look for future gentrified areas. As I said I'm a europoor so I don't really know much about the US real estate market. Get something that will be in high demand though. A flat in Chicago, NYC, Barcelona , Munich.. places like that. Pray that bake goes to 2-3 usd and Pros goes back to it's ATH. otherwise ngmi. Remember anon, all are shitcoins unless you make something real out of them. Wish you best of luck.

>> No.29846230

Take the Digital Asset Manager pill, anon.

>> No.29846266
File: 19 KB, 271x257, disappointed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29841925
>I'm rich boohoo wahhh
This thread again.

>> No.29846287

>>29845560
this op,

i have 5,000k linkies, so i already quit my warehouse job and just cash out whenever i need to pay for food or internet.

now i just DJ at a lounge every friday and saturday. for about 200 dollars a night, its steady guranteed work, so its enough to pay for most of my bills. i love to show girls my portfolio and they get so impressed about 6 figures. and then they say somehting like "omg you should teach me, text me" then i get there numbers and never text them. i get alot of girls numbers, and just last night a cocktail waitress was asking me things like, "do my boobs look good, be honest with me what do you rate me out of ten" then she rubs her boobs all over me and basically cant keep her hands off me the whole night. i get so horny but she makes out with other bartenders.

its really fun, sometimes i go there drunk as hell other times i go high as hell and dance really good, i get a big smile on my face as i feel the music. i love to see people enjoying themselves screaming to the music dancing haveing fun, even if they dance like losers.

i love to play techno, house, and shit liek that, i hate hip hop tho. i play alot of underground stuff
seriously life is so good and so fun. all i look forward to is playing on the weekend, and its what i have been doing every weekend for the past 4 months.

>> No.29846464
File: 64 KB, 240x240, 1596987300608.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29846135
>You do realize we have like 50 years left at most before we all die from gobal warming right?

>> No.29846566

>>29846287
I wish I knew how to dance so I could go enjoy clubbing, but I know it's a bad idea for me since I'm a recovering alcoholic anyway. Going when you're DJing sounds like it would be fun.

>> No.29847205

>>29846001
This might be a good idea. But where do you even find these types of startups? And honestly i dont know if i have that kind of money to buy my way into one,or at least id imagine itd take a significant chunk of my funds.

>>29846183
Is that still the best route? I feel like there has been a major trend of escaping major cities

>>29846287
Im glad you found something you enjoy. Im not the type of person who enjoys clubs.

>> No.29847730

>>29841925
you didn't miss out on anything my dude, offices are pure cancer. you have to be all PC while stacys chit chat for 1h here and there and work 1/3 of what you work in the day. You have to do shit your boss tells you which is just outright retarded. Your coworkers are mostly NPCs and after some weeks you already start asking yourself: "is this all there is to life? sitting in an office 8h per day for the rest of my life while others get to do whatever they feel like with their free time?"

Don't fall for the "you need work to have fullfillment meme".

>> No.29847913

>>29847205
well if people didn't want to live there there wouldn't be massive rent fees now? Right ? DYOR for best results. I'd buy property where there would be high demand, both now and in the future.

>> No.29847926

>>29845989
thanks anon let me just buy some rope

>> No.29847942

>>29841925
I HAVE NEVER SEEN ABYONE HERE PROVE THEY ARE RICH MINUS ONE GUY