[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 184 KB, 483x470, newsfrog.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29786883 No.29786883 [Reply] [Original]

Is the fed going to start setting the printer to overdrive and buy bonds? Sure feels like that's what is coming. Incredibly bullish for everything except for the US dollar and the working poor.

>> No.29787073

>>29786883
>incredibly bullish
are you retarded? This is not the same as what happened back in 2020. If they start buying securities (especially shit like corporate debt bonds) it literally does nothing. The interest rate is 0%; so buying debt bonds is the same as a bailout. That would ruin the US dollar. This does NOT mean that random securities that you hold will increase in value. They will likely fall, but if the inflation gets bad enough then maybe you'll see a bigger number, but don't let that fool you.

>> No.29787276

>>29787073
I was talking more treasuries, considering that's where the trouble seems to be.

>maybe you'll see a bigger number, but don't let that fool you.

Wealth is relative. I own a decent amount of assets. Maybe I can't buy imported goods but I look forward to pounding nigresses up their ass when they cant pay me rent.