[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 35 KB, 550x540, 5hhwcjh3vys21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29355989 No.29355989 [Reply] [Original]

I think I get it now but it's still questionable. It hinges on whether or not people actually will value owning the original copy of a digital item

Say you had an authentic 1st edition Charizard and you made a perfect clone with a clone gun. Obviously the original has more value because it's the real one, and it's aged and etc whatever other reasons. The clone even though it looks the same, it's still not the same

So the question is will people apply the same logic to digital assets? Personally I see some of the really old memes I have as being sort of valuable in a way. Does an old file have more value in the same way an old physical item does?

>> No.29356325

>>29355989
There are digital sports cards that cant be duplicated with serial number and very limited run, it is always known what profile these cards are associated with. Some sell for as much as 100g maybe even more. Very few cards are less than 20$