[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 83 KB, 640x640, 1609096166552.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29279510 No.29279510 [Reply] [Original]

Having become a father to multiple children, I've come to realize just how selfish my boomer parents were. Jesus Christ, why do boomers act like they're going to live forever?

>don't invest in their children's lives
>buy crappy unnecessary consumerist crap
>don't teach their children any practical real world knowledge
>kick their children out the moment they hit 18 (and in many cases way earlier as such was my case)
>expect you to hold a minimum wage job and to buy a house, car, etc with said wagey cagey job that barely covers vehicle expenses (thus why so many homeless people living in cars)
>while simultaneously expecting you to go to college while working as a wagey
>a college education you're supposed to fund yourself

What is it that made them the worst generation on the face of this earth? What propaganda, chemicals, or politics were they exposed to? I can't entertain the idea of sending my kids off to live like wage slaves, the whole point of having children is for them to live a better life than yours. I took a trip to Italy to meet my family, and my cousins are living with their parents, working, saving their money, in order to invest in themselves rather than paying $1,400 rent in a big city for a small room in a nig/spic infested area. Most of my cousins my age are comfortably just accumulating money and/or going to school.

Just can't understand why boomers would have children if they were planning on doing absolutely nothing with them. Wouldn't surprise me if my boomer parents don't even leave the house to my bro or I and donated it to some BLM tier group. Ehhh rant over.

>> No.29279585

>>29279510
You sound like an ungrateful faggot.
Your children are going to despise, disappoint, and ultimately ruin you.

>> No.29279673

>>29279585
>t. boomer

>> No.29279783

Their parents were she'll shocked psychotic war vetrans

>> No.29279831

>>29279585
you sound like a boomer faggot.
(faggots are okay, compared to boomers)

>> No.29279851

Man you have to realize what a gift having hard ass parents is. I’ve had to bust my ass for everything I’ve ever gotten, been murdered by student loans to pay for college, kept shitty falling apart cars patched up and running, been through hell that would have driven any normal person to suicide but guess what? I’ve always had a car to drive, a roof over my head, and food to eat. And did it all on my own since I was 17. There’s lots of kids out there that get help from their parents but that just turns them into big fat pussy man children who can’t wipe their own asses!!!!

>> No.29279912

>>29279673
>>29279831
I'm 32. My parents are amazing and I love them deeply and will miss them terribly when they go. I don't give a fuck what they did or didn't do. I was fed, clothed, and had a roof over my head. Get over your self, OP. So your life wasn't a fucking Disney movie. Who gives a shit? Where you raped? Where you living in total squalor? No? Then shut the fuck up you starry eyed gaylord.

>> No.29279942

My dad told be with pride he did everything my grandpa did.
I kinda feel sorry he had a shit life and felt like he had to make the choices he did.
Glad we live in a different time.
I enjoy seeking the boomers seethe in current year.

>> No.29279997

>>29279851
can’t tell if larping as boomer or real boomer. well played anon

>> No.29280003

>>29279912
>>29279851
>>29279585
seething boomer victims

>> No.29280051

>>29279510
>What is it that made them the worst generation on the face of this earth?
the "weak men create hard times" is one of the true /pol/ memes, but they are wrong about it being the Millennials. The weak gen was the boomers.

>> No.29280072

>>29280003
Seething zoomer whose parent (singular, your nigger father left early) never showed any interest at all.
What's it like being a fucking castoff?

>> No.29280089

>>29279997
Honestly can't tell. I've got 25 years of manual labor under my belt and i just want to know what it's like to have a 1 to 1 ratio of effort to result.

>> No.29280102

I wish I had a dad that didn't beat the shit out of me.
I remember those other kids at my school, how envious I was.
Their fathers was kind, threated their sons like human beings, gave them love rather than manipulation.
Still hurts

>> No.29280137

>>29279510
when they were growing up you could unironically afford a car and a year of tuition off a summer job
what they don't realize is decades of inflation-level "raises" means they're still making roughly the same wage they were during their teens, while their children are in poverty

>> No.29280149

>>29279851
not that it's bad, but bullshit like kicking kids out at 18 without giving them the tutorials or making loan agreements with your kids is just retarded.
At least help them get the beater car. Used Hondas were about 5k in a non hazard condition last time I looked. what retard would incentivize their kids into an old 4door chevy that's probably about 5x more likely to kill them?

>> No.29280199

>>29279851
What you're basically saying is, that because your parents refused to parent you in your formative years, and they handed you to the street, and you manage to survive instead of thrive, that it's okay because it gives you a false sense of manliness? I'd believe this if I didn't know my grandfather and uncles. My grandfather as a very strict and aggressive man who forced his kids to go to school, taught them about life, and made cutthroat businessmen out of his sons. And he did this without kicking them out penniless, and he helped fund most of the success they enjoy today, yet they're respectable hardened businessmen. There's a difference between being a hard ass with your children and being detrimental to your children's success. You're conflating help with pampering.

>> No.29280201

>>29280149
>or making loan agreements with your kids is just retarded.
or not making** keep those pesky bankers away from your family.

>> No.29280275

>>29279912
>>29280072
>I don't give a fuck what they did or didn't do.
Great, I guess you don't care that they helped create a nasty disgusting little keyboard warrior bitch lel

>> No.29280354

>>29279851
>>29279912
You both are retarded boomers. Why would you kick your child out while you have resources that he can use to get himself ahead? Why condemn every new generation to start from zero? Is this some sort of a joke? You are creating good goys that will slave in the rat race forever, while smart people support their children, give them place to stay, so they can save 80% of their paycheck and one day buy house for themself instead being indebted for the most of their lives.

>> No.29280393

>>29279510
1. Yep, my parents died young, but left almost nothing because they burned through their money. Raised in the era of "the russians are gonna nuke us any day now" so no fucks given.
2. Still throwing a lot of my mom's shit out. My buddy makes a killing off buying dead boomer shit (and business is booming because they're all dying of covid) and flipping it to wealthy azns across the pacific who collect vintage boomer shit.
3. This or they latch onto their kids and suppress their growth into adulthood until they fucking die and leave a 40 year old child who doesn't have their own bank account, and is functionally useless in society. This is the real reason we're seeing an uptick in homelessness, by the way.
4. Either expect you to hold a shitty job and be oblivious about the increased cost of living, or get in your way of being successful because they don't want their kids outshining their narcissistic asses.
5. or they will push you into college and expect you to pay for it, and you are expected to take on $100,000 of student loans that cannot be defaulted on. Then you're stuck working a shitty minimum wage job because in many industries, a college degree is an immediate Do-Not-Hire.

>> No.29280432

>>29280275
>t. triggered

>> No.29280459

>>29280432
>t. stunted

>> No.29280473

>>29280354
They never kicked me out.
I was given nothing but love and support.
I'm sorry your parents sucked lol.

>> No.29280521

>>29280459
>t.triggered.

>> No.29280581

>>29279912
>Unless your parents raped you, don't complain!
Why do insufferable faggots like you pop up whenever there's a thread about parents?

>> No.29280590

This is now the coping thread for coping and seething at parents who never hugged anons enough.
Everyone below this line is a faggot who wished they were hugged more when they were children.

>> No.29280596

>>29280473
Then stop shiting on op because he didn't get love and support from his parents.

>> No.29280606
File: 374 KB, 860x1575, 1609094937904.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29280354
Low I.Q. parents = Low I.Q. children. This is why you'll see a lot of boomer victims defending the boomers. Yeah sometimes the cycle is broken. But you can tell that they're happy to be eternal wage slave cattle, and if you say anything that breaks the cognitive dissonance of how much their parents screwed them out of, they'll start getting angry and using the most hilarious and flawed logic to hold onto their "reality".

>> No.29280693

>>29280432
>Says the guy who got personal, told me his life story, pretends to be some kind of bad ass, and why his failure of a parents was perfectly A'OK

You got triggered by a post that wasn't even directed at you, showing just how deep it cut. Just admit it anon, you come from low I.Q. trash and since you're low I.Q. trash you're trying to justify the horrible existence you're going to give your children.

>> No.29280702

>>29280590
>who wished they were hugged more when they were children.
Most adults and parents in good relationships would want to have shared more affection in hindsight, anon. I hope you can resolve whatever is on display here.

>> No.29280759

>>29280590
I could care less about hugs, I think you're projecting your insecurities and your sheltered and self centered roastie tier mind onto us. It's about helping create better children, please don't procreate if you think hugs and kisses is all you need to raise your children into successful better versions of oneself.

>> No.29280891

>>29280590
>t. Faggot who is going to create shit offspring

>> No.29280917

>>29279851
And today? How did you profit from it? That's what we're interested in here.

>> No.29280924

>>29280354
Nah we are just real men who understand you’re an adult at 17 and gotta go make your way in the world and do whatever it takes to make that happen. Not sucking on mamas titty as a full grown adult. I glad for all the hardship, loss, disappointment, all the terrible shit I’ve been through. Cause that’s what’s made me hard as nails and I know whatever life slings my way I’ve got the balls to deal with it.

>> No.29280954

>> No.29281003

>>29280924
Not this guy though, he seems pretty based.

>> No.29281052

>>29280199
>respectable hardened businessmen
Fucking cringe, why do i think of a fat stressed man sweating his oversized shirts.

>> No.29281064

>>29280606

> that image

Lynda Carter is also looking amazing at 69, I don't think Gadot is going to look that good at 69.

>> No.29281285

>>29280954
You fucking admitted you lived a sheltered and coddled life you tremendous faggot and look how your personality turned out.

>> No.29281311

>>29281052
Because you're small minded and think that everyone must live like you, or like the media/people surrounding you.

>> No.29281314

>>29281285
>t. triggered

>> No.29281381

>>29280924
I know niggers that have suffered more than you, guess they're hard ass nails and more masculine than you.

>> No.29281421

>>29281285
He's now just pretending to be retarded. His first post was him getting triggered and the proof is the fact he got personal and told us his life story. Once he got called out for his stupidity he realized how gay he came across, and he's trying to salvage whatever he can by pretending to be trolling. Despite the fact it's an anonymous website which makes it extra cringey.

>> No.29281575

My dad is cool he got me a PC when I was 7 years old in the late 90s.

>> No.29281625

>>29281311
You're defending your corporate slave father until the last resort. That's good. Perfect wagie offspring.

>> No.29281627
File: 200 KB, 862x1024, 1608323836613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29281421
>1 line
>life story
Yikes, your life story must be fucking boring as shit if that's what constitutes a life story. Not surprising considering how shitty your parents are.
If you want the truth, really, I saw this thread and realised it would be full of fucking faggots who hate their parents and blame them for their pathetic, miserable lives. Low hanging fruit. I've been returning here intermittently to make extremely low effort posts to troll you losers, mostly in between trading. It takes like 30 seconds at a time and you get so riled up that it makes it easy.
I'm gonna go to bed now but I'll F5 this thread when I wake up to harvest the rest of my (you)'s. Thanks.

>> No.29281771

>>29280393
>Then you're stuck working a shitty minimum wage job because in many industries, a college degree is an immediate Do-Not-Hire.
Explain this

>> No.29281833

>>29279912
>be bear
>have cub
>every day, hand it a fish
>otherwise give it no attention and don’t teach it to bear by itself
>cub grows up
>doesn’t know how to catch fish or survive on its own
>fucking ungrateful kid, I gave it all that fish

Teaching children is a fundamental part of being a higher mammal and boomers largely failed at that most basic, core task.

>> No.29281981

>>29281627
Look at you still responding to me with lifestory paragraphs. I must have cut deeper than I thought.

>> No.29282222

>>29279510
I got tossed out like you anon, couldn't go to college. Had to get a trade and toil away like a serf trying to build something for my kids, I will never own a house. I have managed to build them some wealth for my kids so they can escape this shit hole, hope they don't piss it away.

>> No.29282314

>>29279510
It’s literally lead and flourish poisoning, they’re retarded trash.

>> No.29282343

>>29281625
Quite the opposite, my uncles own their own businesses and work when they want, my father was the fat corporate sweaty wagie cuck who moved to America while the rest of my family stayed in Italy. Your idea of a businessman is someone in a suit and tie in an office, that's not the people I used in my example. My uncles are living the life funded by their multiple gas stations. All they do is occasionally show up to make sure the management is doing their job and keep an eye on their money. This is why I love visiting them, because they're always available to hang out as they really don't have much to do except looking where their next investment will be. This is the beauty of a family who has continued to compound it's success within itself for generations, the complete opposite of what people do in the USA. How else are "royal families" or "nobles" formed? Through getting rid of their children and throwing them next to the peasants? No, by keeping the family tight nit, supportive, and using nepotism. This is literally how Jews live and within a few generations here in the states they basically own America and your fat white ass.

>> No.29282396

>>29282222
Don't hope, teach them. Talk to them, ingrain it onto them. Show them the realities of what you do, what you've suffered and what you suffer because of a lack of a head start. Show them to appreciate what they have.

>> No.29282460

>>29280051
Boomers and Gen X are the same

>> No.29282680

>Having a children at all.

Children are for passing on generational wealth, good genes and because you really want it. Most people that shit out spawn don't have wealth to pass on, have shit genes, are retarded and didn't even plan it, WHOOPS HAD TEH SEXXOR BABBY FORMED.

You can break this cycle anon. if you don't really really want them, don't have significant wealth and ways to make more and don't have great genes then don't fucking make shitlord #780804489 It's really that easy.

>> No.29282863

My dad fucked me over so hard its fucking unreal. Still love him but I don't have much respect for him now.
>turn 18 and get a job
>going good, save about $6k
>read about BTC (was 2013 I think it was $50 or $100 or something I dont remember)
>tell him I'm thinking about dropping 3K on BTC
>tells me its retarded
>young and stupid so I listen to him
>proceeds to ask me to borrow $3k to pay off gambling debt
>I give it to him
>a year later he still hasn't paid me back, I ended up using the rest of my savings fucking around in school
>proceeds to pay me back with a $2000 car, which I had to help him acquire (if was a trade, he installed a guys air conditioner and he got the car, I was pretty skilled in the trade at the time)
>car proceeds to shit the bed, he pressures me into a new car loan
>still trust him and listen
>all while this was happening he was charging me rent money
>this part was my fault but my debt snowballed over the next several years
>fast forward today I'm broke with collections agents constantly calling me, my life is in absolute shambles
>if I never listened to that faglord I would have a few million in the bank by now
Trying to get my shit together now but it sucks gigantic balls realizing how badly you fucked up in your mid 20s.

>> No.29282919

>>29282863
Everyone learns one way or another that their parents are also just retarded naked arrogant monkeys.

>> No.29282965

>>29280275
Based af

>> No.29283080

>>29282919
The funny part is he still thinks he is a guru on money or some shit while he is in his 50s, still renting, and is financing some other stupid shit every couple of years. My sister and her bf are living with my parents now and somehow my dad is in charge of her boyfriends finances. I feel bad for the poor bastard because he is doing the exact same shit to him now.

>> No.29283308

>>29280275
btfo

>> No.29283361

I'm so fucking glad my dad is the model of a good man to me holy shit