[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 24 KB, 300x250, 1598077764830.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29150368 No.29150368 [Reply] [Original]

BSC is really depressing.
I know most of people here want just a quick buck, but I was really excited about global finance running on a decentralized network, with governments unable to revert or confiscate their wealth, people being free to operate their wealth as they see fit and massive shrinking of rent extraction by the financial sector. Imagine being able to get a mortgage without going to the bank, just putting a token representing a home into a smart contract and getting a mortgage secured by it, all in one transaction.

BSC killed that dream. Everyone is switching from developing on ethereum to BSC. Yet any real-life stuff is never going to run on it - who would trust a centralized chain operated by an exchange? With adoption of ethereum hijacked, everything is going to run on centralized government blockchains instead - with four biggest being Chinese, Indian, American, and one run by EU (yes I know EU is not a country).

Rather than a new era of financial freedom we are going into absolutely unprecedented levels of control and surveillance. In a decade everything everyone owns is going to be an entry in one of few global government blockchains. Everyone is going to be allowed to only have one account per network.
Write something "transphobic" like being against men in female sports? Your "spending limits" go down and you can no longer buy high-end electronics. Criticize the government? Uh oh, looks you're limited to only buying basic survival things.
Online anonymity is going to disappear too - it's going to become illegal to post anywhere without logging in with your official blockchain account. Associate with penalized people and your rating goes down too, forcing people into being even more conformist.

You can shit on ethereum all you want, but it was literally our only hope.

>> No.29150537

I hear you fren. people rushing into a centralized chink chain just so they can make a quick buck on EGG token that was created out of thin air... it all feels so gross. crypto wouldn't have gotten to where it is now if that's the way it started, that's for sure

>> No.29151112

Yeah keep crying with your $45 gas fees you fucking nigger. Fuck ETH they are the most wasteful fucking crypto and I can’t wait for it to be dead.

>> No.29151246

>>29151112
You’re a know-nothing faggot. Go gamble your lunch money.

>> No.29151263

>You can shit on AVAX all you want, but it was literally our only hope.
fixed

>> No.29151305
File: 27 KB, 1092x1037, sadpepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Agreed, Fuck BSC.
If this actually becomes the new ETH instead of Polkadot/Cardano/AVAX then the decentralized dream will die.

>> No.29151348

CZ is smart as hell. It's pretty much a hostile takeover and his next step will be the promise of slowly making BSC more decentralized.
At this rate it will take over Ethereum

>> No.29151409

>>29150368
you are an actual faggot here for thinking chinks flavour of the month can kill eth

>> No.29151459

> Everyone is switching from developing on ethereum to BSC.
lol, literally no top tier dev is moving to BSC. everyone smart is adopting L2 solutions. what the fuck is wrong with you people?

>> No.29151479

biz is all about making money, not trusting anyone etc. but this shit is just too far
fucking cz

>> No.29151490

>>29150368
This is retarded bub. Just because people are jumping to BSC does not mean Decentralized Finance is dead. ETH is not able to serve current demand so a temporary solution is taking its place. You can't just wish the market moves in a certain direction, it moves the path of least resistance and right now, that's affordable fees. In the future, ETH will (hopefully) iron out it's gas problems and we can all go back to fully decentralized aping. For now, it's simply infeasible.

>> No.29151524

>>29151459
they think a catalog full of foodtokens on /biz/ is real life

>> No.29151584

It's a chink pump and dump and you're letting them live in your head rent free through price action alone

>> No.29151615

>>29150368
I feel you dude, but trust me when I say centralized exchanges cannot scale. It will take time. look into Radix, only defi platform I see for the future economy/infrastructure.

>> No.29151713

>>29150368
BSC/BNB is currently in a bubble, fueled by the recent boom in food/animal shitcoins. Can you make a quick profit from swinging these coins? Absolutely, but give it a bit more time and this shit's gonna dump faster than I dumped my last boyfriend.
Reminder, the only reason BNB is doing so well is because people love their memecoins. For proof, just look at this board. Literally every other thread is shilling a memecoin.

>> No.29151768

No one gives a fuck about food tokens, shit will die out just like it did last summer.

>> No.29151825

If a chink copypaste of Ethereum with two (2) variables changed is enough to murder Ethereum and all competitors forevermore, then what the fuck is the decentralized finance community even doing? Fucking fix your shit and make something that the average joe can genuinely use instead of sitting with your thumb up your ass, bragging about how $50 exchange fees are a "feature" and everyone complaining is just a NGMI poorfag, and then crying a goddamn river when someone swoops in and steals your lunch by, sur-fucking-prise, making an exact copy but with cheaper gas fees.

>> No.29151950

>>29151112
>MUUH GASFEE NOOO MUH SHITCOINS
Unironically kys filthy poorfag subhuman

>> No.29152163

>>29150368
Niggas got to eat dawg and bsc is my meal ticket

>> No.29152169

>>29150368
>Imagine being able to get a mortgage without going to the bank, just putting a token representing a home into a smart contract and getting a mortgage secured by it,
Fucking pajeetbrain dumbfuck

>> No.29152185

>>29150368
It is sad, but I doubt it's the actual future of crypto. At some point, a binance related event will remind people of why crypto was decentralized from the beginning. If eth crashes in that time, that would be your opportunity to invest diligently and be several steps ahead. The only exception would be if a true eth killer surfaces, but I doubt it

>> No.29152372

>>29151950
>thinks anyone would pay for this if it was not their only option
Unironically retarded

>> No.29152501

>>29150368
There are like 10 legit projects trying to replace ethereum, and ETH 2.0 is coming.

BSC has nothing wrong, it's not their fault that no one has managed to create a better blockchain

>> No.29152514

>>29151490
this anon gets it. don't be an ethkike, get on board. by the time they realize it wasn't chink shills, they'll be priced out

>> No.29152522

>>29152169
My refinance has taken about 2 months because of how backed up the title company is not the financial institution