[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 12 KB, 275x183, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
288637 No.288637 [Reply] [Original]

Been trying to get in to bitcoin mining. I've heard from many that I'm too late. Is there another internet currency that I can mine to make some money? Anything else at all I can make my computer do for me to make me some money? Just looking to try to crawl out of the hole I'm in...

>> No.288650

If you have the money to buy an above average rig then you can make bank dude. Just keep your eyes on the value in exchanges. Sell them once the value first starts to drol and you will be good. I don't mine but I buy and trade based on that alone and make decent profits.

>> No.288655

>>288650
Can you advise me on an above average rig?

>> No.288688

>>288655
I7 and dual nvidia titans.

Make everything fit around that and you'll be solid

>> No.288691

Someone feel free to donate me monies to buy own rig plsthx.

>> No.288692

>>288688

Are you insane? Dual Titans? That's 2k gone. You'd be better off doing CPU mining on a server rather than investing in a high end gaming GPU.

>> No.288720
File: 79 KB, 436x589, what the fuck am I reading.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>288688
>mining on cpu and nvidia
>even shitcoins

>> No.288731

>>288692
Okay, advice? Thoughts?

>> No.288789

Bumping for OP

>> No.288811

Mining is pretty much a crap shoot at this point. Scrypt GPU mining will be done for by the end of the year and scrypt ASICs will take over.

But since I assume you don't own a high-end GPU, and don't have the cash to purchase a scrypt ASIC, your best bet is to save money from a day job. Buy a scrypt ASIC once you've saved enough, or you can just say fuck it and work for your money.

Crypto currencies are here to stay, and there will always be pump and dump shitcoins to make a profit until crypto undergoes some serious regulation.

Unless you're willing to spend months getting fucked learning the ins and outs of shitcoins, then just stay the fuck away. You will lose money. You will get upset. But if you stick to it, and get lucky, you could make some extra money.

tl;dr Get a day job. Crypto is rigged. Most likely you will lose more than you gain.