[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 46 KB, 700x641, 1613413636134.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
28852685 No.28852685 [Reply] [Original]

>not my post, saw this post on /sci/ so I wanted to post it here.

Okay, not being funny, but are 90% of startupers just greedy idiots?

When I was a young fool, an angsty and bitter /pol/fag, my dream was to run a startup. This is because I hated 'the system' wasn't to be independent of it. Work at my own pace, run my own things. Of course, this independence is a myth- you just become a bitch to investors and work 60 hour weeks, possibly until retirement, based on some of the enterprise owners I've met.

As I matured and took part in 2 startup projects, and met friends who took part in their own, I cannot think of a group of people with more antisocial personality disorders.

Some are plain greedy, talking aloud about what it'll be like to be millionaires, or being gleeful about how capital gains tax is less than the top income bracket tax.

Many make it their whole personality (like I used to do) and won't shut the fuck up about it and expect constant yesmanning from their friends and family.

Some are deeply hateful individuals, free market ideologues, who scorn at any concept of social responsibility.

Many are tyrants, and want to own a company of people they can boss around and feel like they're saving them.

Some are tech autists who have no concept of business, some are predatory businessmen who try use those tech autists.

Overall 90% are autistic, antisocial, greedy, arrogant, immature or just plain assholes, and should've be given a position of managing anyone.

When is an actually justified time to found a startup? Maybe when you have done your research on a tech and believe it can truly work, and having a startup is less overhead than a corporation developing this tech. Doing it because you want to get rich or rule the world is some true folly.

-t, days away from applying for a major grant with my startup and kinda feeling like I don't want this