[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 41 KB, 600x900, supermale_may2015_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2844945 No.2844945 [Reply] [Original]

Ok, so I'm trying to understand the technology fundamentals here.

I cannot get a good fucking explanation for what Segwit is, and why it is good.

I cannot get a good explanation for what Lighting is, or why it is good.

Personally I am thinking about ditching my BTC and moving to other cryptos, because the massive shilling on this seems to be unredeemably toxic.

Is bitcoin just too far gone to get a sane discussion?

>> No.2844973

>>2844945
>cannot get a good fucking explanation
asking a message board

>thinking about ditching my BTC and moving to other cryptos

thought you'd get rich the second you bought it? buying shit coins with no plan. good luck.

>technology fundamentals
they dont matter to price as much as you think

>> No.2845072

Fundamentally, segwit will change the data included in the signatures to reduce the time needed to weed out the invalid pending transactions and increase the block size, allowing more transactions per block.

If you can't grasp that, then stop buying crypto. Seriously.

>> No.2845098
File: 272 KB, 812x399, 1498167685813.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

rocket to the moon is still boarding

>> No.2845107

The lightning network is a partly centralized solution to a problem that apparently can't be solved by the network in it's current configuration. The lightning network is an extremely complex "IOU" system that is settled much faster than a proof of work validation at bitcoin's current network volume. It sort of allows a SEPARATE network to say "everyone, jim will be sending 0.05 btc to bob, let's agree that it will be verified eventually, bob can now take ownership of that balance and spend it."