[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 40 KB, 800x450, pepe the frog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
28302795 No.28302795 [Reply] [Original]

I have seen this coin shilled and fudded here all week so I decided to read up on the project and I have some questions for anyone who actually understands this.

From the Bao Medium:
>With synthetics you can turn any quantifiable discrete event into a financial feed that people can buy and sell.
>You can create an asset based on the “Unemployment Rate in Hong Kong” or “Average Annual Rainfall in Seattle” or the “Number of iPhones Sold Annually”.

Is this true? If so, wouldn't the potential marketcap for something like this be way beyond the crypto marketcap? This wouldn't be like gold or silver, or stocks, or even derivative markets, this would be bigger than all of those because by definition it could capture all of those markets and new ones.

How can this be true? There is no way the banks would allow people to invest 24/7 in a completely imaginary market bigger than the stock market. So how is this going to work out in the end? Where does all the money come from?

Am I really going to be able to create new assets and have people in India buy them up?

>> No.28302957

SNX already does this but is a billion dollar marketcap. Bao wants to do this but for a wider class of stuff. Read the writing on the wall.

>> No.28303263

>>28302795
>There is no way the banks would allow people to invest 24/7 in a completely imaginary market bigger than the stock market.
There's nothing they can do. That's the beauty of DeFI. That is, unless XRP schizos are right, in which case we're all fucked.

>Where does all the money come from?
People

>Am I really going to be able to create new assets and have people in India buy them up?
You won't create a new asset, you will create a synthetic asset, tied to an actual asset. But with this, anything can be an asset, even the number of shits Elon Musk has taken in a day.

>> No.28303612
File: 45 KB, 628x433, where do synthetics go.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>28302957
>Read the writing on the wall.
Unironically what do you mean by this?

The only conclusion I can draw out of your post is that synthetic assets could end up on the top of the upside down pyramid (attached). Is that what you are saying?