[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 34 KB, 750x737, 1595308618445.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
27228216 No.27228216 [Reply] [Original]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRT0Typtbto

Thanks to an online business and crypto, I was able to escape most of my 20s without resorting to waging. That's coming to an end though. Covid already decimated my income, and now PayPal has randomly banned my account. No appeal process, their decision is final.

My friend said I shouldn't even try to get a good job right off the bat because waging will be such a shock to my system that I'll likely under-perform and lose my first job anyway. I should get something inconsequential where I wouldn't really care if I got fired.

That sounds pretty dumb to me, but then again, I've never known the indignity of waging. Is it really that bad? What am I in for, exactly?

>> No.27228399

>>27228216
Just kys

>> No.27228761

>>27228216
I really don't get what you guys are complaining about.

Do you have any idea how efficient you get if you pick a certain career path and stick it out?

I've been in my current job for 5 years now, barely work 3 hours a day and still get praised.

Getting those degrees that allow me to be this comfy is the best investment to this date.

Or are things that inherently different in the US compared to EU?

>> No.27229195
File: 33 KB, 500x500, hidden.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>27228216
COVID has fucked everything. I can't find a job with a CS degree that doesn't ask for 3 years work experience in 5 different language as an entry position. You are unironically better off starting off in Walmart or Target and get promoted from there.

t. wagie that paid for school as a wagie and never got internships.

>> No.27229353

>>27228216
Dunno how it will be for you but when I was 23 my mom just up and left my NEET ass and I forced to start waging. I got a job working as general labor in a warehouse, it's been 4 years since then and even though I moved up a bit I feel like a husk of my former self. And I'll probably be dead by 30 at this rate.

IMO waging is fine just don't get comfortable. Try and start up your own thing again maybe or else lose the rest of your 20s to merciless time.

>> No.27229523

>>27228216
So did you ever bother asking why they locked you away from any money you possibly had in your paypal? Thats fucked