[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 114 KB, 640x640, pajeet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2712464 No.2712464 [Reply] [Original]

hey /biz/,

Tell me about your experiences of hiring web/app developers from freelance sites... how did it go? What hidden things are there to be aware of?

How do I go about managing a non trivial project if I hire a web dev from these sites?

Do they expect mock-ups of user interface? Can I just point them to an existing site and say "like that, but with x, y changes"? Or give them a list of bullet points/features I want?

Should I break the work into milestones? Say, describe a minimal version of the website, get them to build that, then get them to continue with further milestones as the progress goes well?

Do I pay them via milestones? A fixed price for a project? or do they charge by the hour?

How do I check their competency? Is asking to a see a portfolio or github normal?

(also, what are the best freelancer websites to hire a good web dev?)

>> No.2712652

bumping for interest

>> No.2712742

>>2712464
>freelance sites
> a non trivial project
It wont get anywhere
Hire local, dedicated people to build anything compex

If you want to outsource a complex project, you need a team with a trusted PM on site. Eastern Europe/Russia/China is the place to go to. Won't be much cheaper if you're hiring decent people

>> No.2712840

>>2712742
I work at a huge financial company in a western country.

Outsource with reputable east Europe firms or don't bother outsourcing.

>> No.2713533
File: 145 KB, 635x627, biz wall.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2712464