[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 36 KB, 645x368, 489972be3ead7f0877366d43a37cc4b6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
26643154 No.26643154 [Reply] [Original]

Any memories from gamestop bros?

Me and my brother used to sperg over diamond pickaxes and fallout merch, we were friends with workers there so they let us game all day on the free consoles.

>> No.26643221

>>26643154
>diamond pickaxe
You must be 18 to post here

>> No.26643318

>>26643221
I am 18, visited reddit, puked, stayed here instead.

>> No.26643526

Some of my fondest memories with my older brother were when we went on a monthly tour of all the EB Games (GameStop for us leafs) in our city in pursuit of event legendary Pokemon cards for our ORAS copies. We'd keep one of each for ourselves and he'd take the rest to trade over with the community at GameFaq forums.

Picture related: it's the first event card I ever got. I have a collection of all of them in my game cartridge right now. Haven't touched my 3DS in ages though.

>> No.26643712

>friend says he sold games to gamestop for $3 each or something
>lose most respect for friend bc they're too retarded to use ebay and dont understand numbers
>this happens often

fuck gamestop

>> No.26643793

Fuck Gamestop

>when GTA: Vice City came out, I went to Gamestop for a copy.
>cashiers asked if I preordered and when I said "No" they told me I'd have to wait a few days to fill those orders first.
>walked into the CompUSA in the same strip mall and they had several in stock.

>when San Andreas came out same thing.
>go to a different Gamestop, ask about the game and if I preordered
>this time when I say "No" the employee flags another employee down and tells them how I wanted a copy without a preorder.
>they both laugh at me and tell me it will be at least a week before I can get a copy.
>get told its sold out EVERYWHERE
>drive to Best Buy and ask if they have it
>employee points to massive display filled with copies of San Andreas

Fuck Gamestop and their shitty underhanded business practice. Can't wait for GME to crash after redditors stop pumping it. Also hope the trend towards digital downloads kills their business.

>> No.26643806

I sold my gamecube with boxed Path of Radiance and lots of other valuable stuff for like 50 dollars. I was a fool then and didnt realize it for a while, but Gamestop indirectly taught me the value of patience and finding a buyer/holding on to the things you love. Convenience has a cost, I learned it to the tune of a few hundred rather than a few thousand. So I can respect its existence for that.

>> No.26643838

>>26643154
There was a cool gamestop employee that convinced my mom that Halo 2 wasn't actually all that bad for kids.

>> No.26643902

They wouldn't sell me a copy of some over 18s game when I was fifteen so I stole hundreds of dollars worth of games over the next year or so.

>> No.26644129

>>26643793
Lmao literally happened to me too when I was looking for New Vegas, they told me they only had preorders then I just went to Fry’s and they had tons of copies

>> No.26644300
File: 18 KB, 313x286, 352656463.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>26643712
yea I kind of did that with our xbox 360 with all the exclusives games we had for it..
all for some spare change...
A literal memory box thrown in a dumpster...

It's one of those things now that I would actually wear knee pads and donate kidneys to acquire back.

>> No.26644699

>>26643902
nice anon, i stole a few steam cards for cs and garry's mod. I don't think BTC at 100k could replace the thrill of a successful robbery.

>> No.26644858

>>26643154
Remember when it was EB Games and Babbages

>> No.26645196

>>26643154
My DS phat had dead pixels. On the back of their receipts, it clearly stated that returns for non-software merchandise were accepted up to 7 days for any reasons. I took it back and they refused to accept it, even as I was shoving their policy in their fucking face. Called corporate and they got fucked.

Nicer story: a cute brunette employee at another gamestop during my NEET years used to flirt with me except I didn't know what flirting was so I didn't catch the signals.
>anon, it's my last day in 2 weeks, sucks I won't see you anymore unless we meet by sheer luck
>o-oh ok. good luck with your future endeavors!
One of those shit that keeps you up at night.