[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 98 KB, 326x499, book.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2636424 No.2636424 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /biz/, investing-illiterate here. I am interested in learning how to invest, and I read that 'The Intelligent Investor' is a good book to start with. However, after buying the book, I realize that it is way above my level.
Could anyone point me to a good learning resource on investing? I've read quite a few articles on investopedia, but I still don't understand a lot of the stuff from this book. Any advice that doesn't have to do with buying crypto currency is appreciated.

>> No.2636470

The best book on any subject if you're starting from zero is usually for dummies series.

>> No.2636501

It can get heavy and technical but its still am enjoyable read. Even if you get 25% of what this book says you will be way ahead in your knowledge.

>> No.2636518

It's boring but you learn the buffet way of investing. It's basicly about selecting a large amount of stocks with potential and then just HODL.

If you want to learn about trading i suggest you take a look at Anton Kreil's series. It's quite expensive but i'm sure you know how internet works ;-)

>> No.2636576

There's a guy called Phil Oakley who has some good basic articles you can print out from pdf. He's shilling for sharescope software, but ignore that and just get the basic idea. It's UK based but that doesn't really make that much difference.

Oh yeah, and don't buy anything expensive on trading, never buy any course. There are extremely tech wiley books that cost a lot that are worth the money if that's what you want, but you have to know what you want.
babypips is the THE meme newbie trading guide, it's forex but meme lines and candles are the same everywhere, it's all numbers.

>> No.2636650

>>2636576
https://www.sharescope.co.uk/philoakley.jsp#guide Is it this?

>> No.2636708

>>2636424
2nd for babypips. Their "school" is great.

If you want to go much more in depth read these books, in order. Some old jew at my job who spends all day staring at the markets with 6 monitors told me one day when I met him and started talking about finance.

1. Basic Economics 5th edition by Thomas Sowell
2. All About Stocks 3rd edition by Esme Faerber
3. The Irwin Guide to Using the Wall Street Journal 7th edition by Michael Lehmann
4. What works on Wall Street 4th edition by James O'Shaughnessy

And the 5th book he told me to read is what you have, The Intelligent Investor.