[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 22 KB, 620x413, fiston.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2628887 No.2628887 [Reply] [Original]

Has /biz/ ever quit a job? What made you want to quit?

>worked at a restaurant and the managers made me pay out of my own pocket for someone else jumping the bill.

There were a lot of other reasons to, like co-workers up their own ass about their seniority (as a fucking restaurant worker) and the unequal distribution of tips.

But thats what made me flip out and leave.

>> No.2628917

I worked at Papa John's for a week. People would regularly drop the dough on the floor, pick it up, then dust it off with their hands. I didn't want to be associated with that shit and got a job at CVS across the street. This was when I was a teenager though

>> No.2628997

That's illegal OP. Bartended/served for like 10 years.

>> No.2629019

Fuck yeah bro. I was working in sanitation after i got out of jail for $9/hr in a food factory. Supervisor was a dick, and it was borderline slave labor. Plus everyone there was CONTENT in mediocrity. Not me. 3 days after new years i stopped showing up without saying a word. Best choice of my life. Here i am a year and a half later im making $13/hr and i banged 6 new chicks since my gf left me that same year. Im aso in the process of starting my own company. Life is 100% attitude attitude attitude.

>> No.2629025

>>2628887
I did IT in a factory. Plant manager got promoted higher in the corp. They promoted a line worker to the new plant manager, and he had a hateboner for white collar workers.

He immediately switched all of us from salary + comp time to OT exempt, then he gave us schedules showing we were to be in the office from 6am to 6pm Mon-Sat.

The materials manager immediately quit, which threw the entire operation into chaos when the shipments of incoming parts got fucked due to the replacement not knowing all the intricacies of the job.

The engineering manager quit and the BOMs went sideways because she was the only one who knew the weird little niggles in our QAD BOM (her replacement only ever used SAP).

At this point, every single day of production was fucking chaos. Management would routinely scream at me, the IT guy, to help fix the BOMs, help fix production issues and help fix quality issues.

When I finally quit, the place was in such bad shape that the customer put the plant on an 'improvement plan' which means they fucking invade your plant and interfere with your internal day to day workings.

Fastest way to fuck any company is hiring/promoting bad management and then refusing to fire them when they fuck up.

>> No.2629045

>>2628997
>That's illegal OP. Bartended/served for like 10 years.

I work in Hong Kong where the labor laws are fucking feudal.

I quit that job so fuckin' fast and so hard it made my boss's boss get the fuck outta there to.

>> No.2629057

worked construction
too much labor and well it paid shit
too many beaners too, I was out of place being an asian in the laboring construction field but dam I learned how to fix up a house real good

>> No.2629085

>>2629057
>I was out of place being an asian in the laboring construction field but dam I learned how to fix up a house real good

You have a good chance of working as an independent contractor for home renovations. Like, you can set up your own business or work for a business that caters to wealthy buyers of property and to make their investments worth even more.

Since you're Asian that's a niche you can get into, since *ahem* most wealthy property buyers nowadays tend to be Asian.

>> No.2629176

>>2628887
yes
stagnation, repeated denial for promotion, unchanged pay while kike money inflation kept eating it away, acquisition of skills and network that allow me to be comfy self-employed anon who now pays as little as legally allowable into mandatory healthcare and pension ponzies

>> No.2629191

Shelf packer

Quit over the phone because I had a hangover

"Hi Boss, I quit, bye"