[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 102 KB, 600x600, pp9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25745401 No.25745401 [Reply] [Original]

>still dont know what maker taker fees do

How the fuck does that work btw?

Like, 0.1% maker 0.16% taker

if I make a buy order, I already lose 0.1% and if I make a sell order, I lose 0.16% or only if they are actually filled?

Some anon replied this:

>if you produce liquidity (you set a price that does not immediately result in a transaction), you get the lower fee
>if you take liquidity (you set a price that eats the already open offers, resulting in immediate transaction) you get the higher fee

Im too low IQ for this shit. Does this basically mean that if I put an order (no matter if it is buy or sell order) I automatically lose 0.1% of the amount I put in said order even if it doesn't get filled, and if I put an order that actually gets filled I get 0.16 taker?

But when I put an order, if I get a 0.1% fee inmediately, doesn't that mean that if it gets filled, I get 0.16% again on top of the 0.1% (so 0.26% when the order is executed?) wtf

>> No.25745522

>>25745401
You don't pay any fee when you place an order. Only when its filled. The one who placed the order first, supplying liquidity, pays a lesser fee. The one who accepted their offer, reducing liquidity, pays a higher fee. Overall the exchange makes 0.26% on this trade.

>> No.25746350

>>25745401
maker, you create liquidity, taker, you're a nigger leech who removes liquidity