[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 13 KB, 399x400, 1570272894703.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25606042 No.25606042 [Reply] [Original]

I'm 20 and tired of living with my mom. I have $11k to my name. Planning to line up a wagie job and just get an apartment. I think I'd have to sign up for insurance in my own name since I'm on my mom's plan though. This is assuming I even drive a car, but in my state I think it's likely mandatory to have one. Not sure if it'd be feasible to move to a city where I don't need to drive with only $11k and no job lined up yet. But, as I said, I want to line up a job before I go anywhere. The alternative is going to college and falling for the jew scheme. I meant rent sucks too, but I'm tired of living with my mom who guilt trips me, and I need to start being more productive and living my life. Sorry, this is probably for fitted for /adv/, but it deals with money, so here I am. Also, I hold crypto and I'm not touching it at all until it moons.

>> No.25606135

if youve never lived on your own before you should move out. some things are more important than money. you cant be some 25 year old faggot who never lived on his own. you can always move back in with parents later if you need to save money.

>> No.25606152

>>25606042
You can stay on your moms insurance even if you don't with her, but she will have to claim you as a dependent

>> No.25606426

>>25606135
this man is correct.

>> No.25606486

>>25606135
>>25606426
I want to move out. I wanna live my life and meet girls and new people and stop being a SHUT IN. I almost joined the damn army, but I'm too much of a pussy and backed out.

>> No.25606588

I stayed on my parents' car insurance all the way through college and I went to college in another state. If you're talking about health insurance you can stay on that until you turn 26 and it doesn't matter if you live with her or not.

>> No.25606772

imo you should stay with parents as long as you can, it would have made my life literally 10x easier, i would have a house right now instead of $8000 in the bank and a shitty car

a lot of parents wont let you come back or will charge you rent if you do

with $11k you have more money than 95% of people your age living on their own, once you step into that world you'll see that most have at most $2k in the bank and they work minimum wage having essentially no way to escape since half of their income goes to food/rent

you basically have reverse stockholm syndrome OP, a freeride on insurance and housing at your income level is literally the ultimate gift in this society

if you want to meet girls just rent an airbnb or something and say you're traveling
if you start paying $1500 a month for apartment+girlfriend mooching off you constantly you will regret it so fucking fast

>> No.25607058

also good fucking luck "meeting girls and new people" during corona, people are either staying in their circles or not going outside at all, most youll get is a tinder pnd