[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 95 KB, 1234x1070, 0m9bfvxox0t41.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25444320 No.25444320 [Reply] [Original]

Theoretically, if I got enough people, could I file a class action lawsuit against the government on the basis of taxes being theft?

The Canadian government puts a huge emphasis on "reasonable" vs "unreasonable" shit, so it should be possible to use that argument AGAINST it.
My rationale:
>until you are 18, you have no freedom
>you were, effectively, born into slavery at 18
>after you hit 18, you're hit with taxes that you have to pay
>you never have a period of time when you are truly "free" to either leave the country or do something with yourself
>therefore, you never "consented" to taxation because you were never given the option of leaving the country
>now you can't leave the country because the government takes the money that you'd use to leave it

Sex isn't rape because there's consent. A transaction isn't robbery because there's consent. I never "reasonably" consented to taxes, because I never had the option of leaving the country as a child, because I was a minor and had no rights.

As an adult, I am born into taxation, which PREVENTS me from leaving the country (by taking away a large part of my income.)
Can I, therefore, deem that taxation is a form of slavery?
>inb4 "you consented by going outside and using public services"
I have no other option - there aren't "private roads" that I can pay to use; therefore, I am being coerced rather than consenting.
Just as a woman being threatened with a knife cannot "reasonably" consent to sex, neither can I, under the threat of jail time.

>> No.25444346

Also, I make sure to receive as much welfare as humanly possible.
>have been receiving 2K a month for half a year now in NEETbux

It's my compensation for suffering caused by living in the post-industrial world.

>> No.25444349

Grats on living to 18.

>> No.25444756
File: 474 KB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_20201230-205027.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP this is true for any country

Also governments do not run the world. The hidden hands do. Even if you are somehow successful with this lawsuit, it will not change how the society operates (if you manage to be not suicided by then).

This world is a simulation, and you can only escape through Christ. Maybe this will fly over your head like the parables but hopefully you'll understand this one day. You're on the right track. God bless.

>> No.25444788
File: 115 KB, 1191x1280, taxes is wage theft.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]