[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 270 KB, 1200x896, pepes-in-field-of-flowers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25353358 No.25353358 [Reply] [Original]

>"i have no ideas for a business"

What is with this misconception that you need to have an original idea to start a business? Stand on the road for an hour and read the names on the trucks that pass by, you'll see 20 landscaping trucks and I guarantee you they are all making good money. If you don't want to be original, you can also find inefficient markets (aka markets you think you can do better, cheaper, and faster). Do you think you can do a product/service better than someone? You go do it and market your business.

>> No.25353518

Too many ideas. Can't sacrifice time from browsing biz to spend it on one particular idea as I could spin a more interesting one tomorrow. Need more coin so I can hire an army of CEO's and minions for them

>> No.25353526

When people say "I have no ideas for a business", the subtext is "a good business that will actually succeed". Anyone can make a shitty restaurant, gas station, lawncare, painting, printing, or other low-level service business that makes 30k/yr in profits, but only a fraction of that have sustained success that feels like it'd be worth it.

>> No.25353633

>>25353526
Do people think its impossible to scale a low level service into something worth while? If you can find cheap labor hire it and spend your time trying to get more clients and scale and revenue increases. Or take on bigger projects.

>> No.25353798
File: 45 KB, 800x450, aed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25353633
Going on on this point, If you're one person spending 70% of your time working and 30% trying to get clients, sure you'll make cashflow in the beginning but you won't be able to scale your service. And realistically you'd cap out your revenue per employee. If you can hire out and spend 80% of your time focusing on customer acquisition, you can have 3 employees making $600 a day each in revenue which is 650k a year gross, which isn't too bad.