[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 158 KB, 828x1374, Z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25164922 No.25164922 [Reply] [Original]

What are the chances boomers were told during christmas to buy crypto and they all unanimously decided to buy litecoin

>> No.25164961

I set my boomer dad up with a Binance account and he was immediately inquiring about how to purchase Litecoin. They must be talking about it in their boomer circles.

>> No.25165010

>>25164922
I've been telling my parents for two years. They aren't buying it. And they still won't buy it when they're calling me asking if I can buy some ammo for them.

>> No.25165050

Bought 5 litecoins for my dad for Christmas with some of my GRT gains :)

>> No.25165454

My Stepdad wants to buy. I told him to buy at 9k, 10k and 16k. CNBC is blaring it daily in front of him so now is time for boomers to buy. I have reexplained many times that bitcoin cannot be bought through TD Ameritrade. Today he told me he "got off the phone with his broker, and set his account to trade bitcoin futures. Anon, I don't know how to trade futures! I didn't know Bitcoin was a future!"

It's honestly so fucking tedious. I got him to buy some GBTC just to get him in. But boomers really don't want to move cash out of their IRAs. I got him to make a coinbase account, but I'm going to have to sit over his shoulder to buy him bitcoin. Remember that most boomer investors sit in front of CNBC and Fox news and are very susceptible to suggestion if reiterated. However they are also people who call via phone to reset their passwords. He has been "about to buy bitcoin" for like 3 weeks now in total. Slow money. But the FOMO is here. Home for the holidays so I'm basically going to do it for him. He just made his 1st 1 mil off tesla, I told him to at least buy 1 BTC. He is set regardless.

>> No.25165741

>>25164922
My mom is drunk and on a zoom call with family right now. I made the mistake of telling her I'm into it. I'm so worried someone's going to bring up and she's going to ask me to talk to them about it. Dont ever fucking tell your family about this stuff its more trouble than its worth

>> No.25165922

>>25165741
Alright they finished the call and no one mentioned anything thank goodness.