[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 77 KB, 1000x1000, 1565469280223.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25147279 No.25147279 [Reply] [Original]

Okay /biz/.

So it's christmas time. I was just given $100 for christmas by a rich asshole acquaintance who couldn't give enough of a fuck about the inferior poor guy to pick out a proper present. Make no mistake, it was a pity insult gift and not an attempt of pulling me out of a bad situation and that's exactly how he treated it too. Like throwing a penny at a homeless man, except scaled up somewhat.

but:
> $100 get.

And so, i'm starting operation Kaiba, a newbie crypto investor intending to make out of $100: $1.000, then $10.000, then $100.000, then $1.000.000 USD and finally a 51% share in rich asshole guy's company stocks -- hence the name. For this, i'll keep a sporadic diary here on /biz/, with this being the first entry.

I can see myself succeeding in this ridiculous venture for a few reasons:
1. Over these past few months, i've correctly predicted the movements of hype pumps, including GRT -- i wouldn't have gotten in at the bottom, but i'd have sold the perfect top.
2. I'm a wagie, which means i will not be ">financially ruined" if i fuck it up, plus i can make up for losses with spending cash when i inevitably do. I will never actually reach my goal as a wagie though, the exponentiality of trading gains is my only hope.
3. I am highly functioning, with a tendency to hyperfocus of strong feelings like revenge or gratitude. Can you tell?

I don't want to know which coins to start with, by the way. Rift is a pajeet scam, Ripple is getting RKO'd by the government and some of the other coins you see shilled around here like UNN are unlikely to end up worth the harddrive space they'd occupy.
The reason i'm posting this at all is to recieve blessings and good vibes as well as provide early screenshot opportunity in the event of a fantastical failure or success. I might answer some of your questions but i might forget.

Merry Christmas,
Anon

>> No.25147753

what

>> No.25147809

>>25147279
Mr. based randomfag perfect top
when do you think grt will head for its next leg? And are you willing to reinvest in it

>> No.25147934

>>25147809
GRT will go sideways until google says otherwise. The enthusiasm is dead and it doesn't seem like anyone was liquidated by its hand so i think it'll decay until then.

>> No.25148045

You will never make $100 into $1,000,000 or $100,000 or even $1,000 through crypto. or options. Or by trading anything else. yes, it is theoretically possible but it will never, ever happen, you will be like 99.99% of the people on this board, many of whom are also smart and motivated (yes, really): you will be lucky to break even.

I'm not saying this to be a dick but the truth is that if this was anything other than astronomically unlikely a lot more people would be rich. Being reasonably smart and fucking autistic doesn't mean that the laws of probability do not apply to you. unfortunately the odds of you making it are in the vicinity of making your $$millions through the lotto, or by writing the next Harry Potter, or becoming a pro athlete or creating an app that goes viral like Flappy Bird something else that's not going to fucking happen.

If you really want to be rich someday, take that $100 as well as the next $100 you make and the next one after that and invest it, don't trade it. You won't do that because it doesn't get you revenge and it isn't sexy but it's the right call.

>> No.25148176
File: 87 KB, 400x400, screw-the-rules-i-have-money.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.25148300

>>25148045
Well now i'm confused.
With how volatile the crypto market is, trading and investing are pretty close in behaviour. I don't intend to sit there every minute of my free time and buy sell bitcoin in an attempt to generate profit, i intend to seek out and find newer coins or tokens with significant chances of accelerated growth, either because its an obvious pump & dump or because it's backed by powerful people and founded in important or trending technology. I thought my intended action was already closer to investment, with the major difference being that you don't just leave your assets to appreciate, but pull out to invest in a different opportunity before it inevitably becomes worthless, ideally at the peak of its value.

They way you've written it, it all amounts to little more than sheer, blind luck, i.e. gambling, in which yes the house wins and you rarely break even, but the way i see it, you can use logical deduction and analysis to make "safe" moves. The information is all online, even if you have to tickle it out of the people who are put in place as contact points. Am i looking at it wrong?

>> No.25148323

>>25147279
$100 chad is going to be rich forever and you will just be btfo