[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 82 KB, 512x341, SFXHAYAAAAAA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
24944451 No.24944451 [Reply] [Original]

Sir
I Recd yours of the 5d and am happy to Mention that I alwise kept in view the disposing of the corn on Cawldside Park, after seeing diferent sales of late which sold well: I took in offers for the Crope, and bargained with Geo Cranston & Andw Oliver at £40.0.0. which they are to Pay the 2th Novr first; I thought it better than to Bank the Crope, as there is allwise some bad hands that there is no getting the Money from them; and Even a good deal of Expenses. but here there is not one shilling of charges; I am sensiebale they are well sold if they have 95 bolls of oates I think it will be the most there will be in the field, and they will not be fit for cutting; these two weeks ; I neglected in my last to mention the Chees I sent with the carrior I hope it cam safe to hand.

I Recd a message from Sir Cuth.Shafte Yesterday to take away the Pea Foules from Stewartfield, as they were destroying both the garden & the Corn that being the Cease I most beg to know how they are to be disposed of, I Remember you mentioning of Miss Cumming getting two to Polton; the others could be disposed of here as there wer som Making enquiry at Whit if they were to be sold.

>> No.24944476

>>24944451
My dear Friend

I recived your very kind favour of the 3d Inst in Course. I did not leave Ayr till the Thursday after I left you and did not gett hear til Fryday, every thing is now fixed and I am to <be> married upon Miss Ritchie upon Monday the 15th cumin. She desires her kind compliments to you and all the Family. We do not as is usual here go a fanting after the occasion but remains at home – we are to live in her Fathers Family til our own house is completely furnished. Mr Ritchie gives me with his daughter 15 hundred pounds which he thinks is an equal proportion of his fortune.

>> No.24944487

Tell me what you observe — compt as due.

>> No.24944549

>>24944451
From the tenor of your letter to Sister Aloysia Clare, by this days post we have been induced to detain her until we hear further from you; although, her Trunks were packed and she equipped ready to step into the Telegraph.

>> No.24944623

>>24944549
I hasten to write a few lines which I hope to get by some means into the Bag before the Irish mail is closed, to say that this moment I have recd your letter by a mere accident with its Enclosures from which I feel much obligd. When I again called at the office yesterday I found no letter, I made up my mind to write to Messrs Wright, London on whom I knew the order would be due, to beg of them to stop it if presented. However I got my letter back out of the P. Office, as no post leaves here for London on Fridays and it consequently could not leave Liverpool sooner than this evening.