[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 105 KB, 592x720, 1607166387548.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
24565259 No.24565259 [Reply] [Original]

Is this true all indians are scammers?

>> No.24566062

No. Newfags delusional after too much /pol/

>> No.24566424

>>24565259
>all indians are scammers?
I'd say yes.

I worked for a manufacturing company that had international distribution. Most of our distributors were national; a few were regional (EU, middle east).

It took YEARS of searching to find one in India that wasn't a bunch of fucking timewasting scumbags. And the only reason we even found that one that didn't completely suck was because it was an Amazon-run outfit that Amazon set up there specifically to resell stuff into India.

Every other one we talked with did absolutely nothing but waste our time and try to pull scams on us. Endless "negotiations" over stupid shit like not having to pay for a year, contract cannot be terminated without mutual agreement, contract renews automatically forever, they get to be the exclusive distributor, they don't have to do shit about finding retail outlets, you have to pay them for when they put on sales, they don't have to answer the phone for two weeks whenever there's any fucking holiday anywhere in India, and so on and so forth.

And then when you think you've got a contract worked out that you are at least willing to try, you send it to them, and they mail back a signed copy that was scanned on a bitmap scanner -- and you check it and it turns out they changed all the terms to give them back all the things you rejected, plus more. Fucking scammers.

If you ever try doing business in India, the ONLY way to do it is "cash up front before we ship". Period. If you do it any other way, they will try to get you into a cycle of partial payments contingent on new shipments, until they owe you so much that you give up in disgust. And no, you won't ever get paid that remaining balance. And no, Indian courts won't ever rule in your favor. And no, Indian courts won't enforce foreign arbitration decisions against their companies.

I will note that that Amazon-owned distributor didn't do payments up front, but they did pay, just slowly, same as Amazon in the U.S.

>> No.24566457

>>24565259
I wouldn’t just say that, but I think it’s just a part of their culture. I did a few open houses one year and all the old Indians that came through tried to haggle the price aggressively and pretend to have it in all cash. I don’t get it. Maybe some poo anons can shed some light on this

>> No.24566508

>>24565259
Yes. I'm Indian and I'm a scammer. Just not a very successful one. Things are kind of dire. Rajeev, my younger brother hasn't raped a smuggled french whore since August.

>> No.24566667

>>24566062
Hello Rakeesh. How is weather in Mumbai