[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 38 KB, 542x543, 82399F53-072E-47D7-98ED-EFB6EA6BBCF9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
24540243 No.24540243 [Reply] [Original]

I would like /biz/‘s thoughts and advice. I am currently in a situation where I cannot graduate anyways because I failed an essential class this semester. I will inform you all ahead of time that I’m not a brainlet, my situation is a compound of my laziness and seething teachers.

>> No.24540287

Finish highschool.

An error doesnt become a mistake unless you refuse to correct it.

Have a serious thought on whether to go to college or not.

Retake your failed classes online during the summer.

>> No.24540292
File: 86 KB, 1920x1080, IMG_20201129_210826_994.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

are u in your final grade? have you repeated the same grade? are u even 18 to post this?

>> No.24540300

>>24540243
>I’m not a brainlet
If you have to excuse yourself with this to a basket weaving forum you are probably not very self-aware
That being said school is only useful if you intend on being a cog in the machine, where you need credentials and connections to succeed. If you can start your own business or successfully trade chuckie cheese tokens online then fuck school.

>> No.24540333

just finish it or forever have a massive chip on your shoulder

>> No.24540374

>>24540243
If you're coming to 4chan for advice like this, you probably don't have a plan on what you're doing after you drop out?

The chances of getting any job is going to be difficult for the next couple of years, particularly jobs which don't require you passing high school.

Frankly, I would say you should not drop out. Graduate high school or, failing that join the military - though as you said, you're lazy and that requires to put in effort.

Just ask yourself this, why on earth would anyone want to hire you when even the shittiest wagie jobs are getting people with degrees and masters applying?

>> No.24540377

>>24540292
Yes. I’m in my senior year and didn’t even post on here as a minor because >lurk moar
>>24540287
Retaking my failed classes would mean extending the amount of time I’m in the school system. I was thinking it would be better to get a ~7 month head start by dropping out and getting my GED. As for college, I would have to figure out a marketable aptitude I have that would benefit from a degree, which I haven’t yet.

>> No.24540452

>>24540377
>As for college, I would have to figure out a marketable aptitude I have that would benefit from a degree
If you cannot commit to high school, you will not be able to commit to college. You are lying to nobody, but yourself.

>> No.24540489

>>24540377
my guy its okay, go for summer school or repeat the school year. I don't know how your family life is. if its taken a toll on you, then you need find to fix yourself. if you are in good health, please finish school and join the military. I did the same shit, you should not ask 4chan for help. you need to rely someone in real life. the people who I need help is my brothers or the other way around.

>> No.24540494

>>24540333
A massive chip in his shoulder would help with the computation. The chip can have all the school knowledge, and he can make the dreams

>> No.24540511

>>24540243
Just finish it you fucking nigger.

>> No.24540604

>>24540243
I'm afraid you are a brainlet if you throw out any possibly chance of opportunity handed to you for the sake of laziness. The worlds stupidest man has a bigger brain than anyone who throws away something they may have to rely on later in life.

>Don't quit
>Don't be a wage slave
>GET OFF YOUR ARSE

>> No.24540626

>>24540243
>I am currently in a situation where I cannot graduate anyways because I failed an essential class this semester. I will inform you all ahead of time that I’m not a brainlet
High school is piss easy, if you can’t pass it you are a brainlet.

If you drop out you’ll prove to be even a bigger brainlet. Existing in today’s world with a college degree is harder but manageable with some other options. None of those options are available if you don’t have a GED.

Prove your non brainlet status and finish high school pal. You will regret it if you don’t.

>> No.24540647

>>24540243
>i plan to be a failure
duuuururururururur

>> No.24540665

>>24540243
There's no reason not to finish highschool except expulsion or retardation.

>> No.24540676

I took online classes so I could finish high school early

>> No.24540680

>>24540300
You’re right, although that certainly supposes I could be successful in my own business or trading unusual hats.
>>24540374
>If you're coming to 4chan for advice like this, you probably don't have a plan on what you're doing after you drop out?
Correct.
> Just ask yourself this, why on earth would anyone want to hire you when even the shittiest wagie jobs are getting people with degrees and masters applying?
I’ve considered that. My conclusion was that degrees as they stand are largely a bubble and don’t confer useful skills etc upon their recipients except for cases of STEM. My assessment is that degrees don’t have anything in the way of intrinsic worth so much as they do only as proxies for other qualities of a person, such as an at least average IQ, work ethic, and so on. While I would be at a disadvantage, I think the conventional wisdom on the necessity of a degree for even wagie positions is mistaken.
>>24540452
I was passing and generally a B+ student before COVID, and I attend a public magnet that is in the top 20 nationally iirc. I don’t have plans of going to college only because I don’t think I would benefit from it sufficiently to pay back the debt I would inevitably incur in order to attend.

>> No.24540683

>>24540243
anon you can't even join the army without a high school diploma. Just toughen the fuck up and finish school.

>> No.24540745

Anon in the world where everyone has master degree be able to finish highschool is bare minimum otherwise you will get fucked unless you do your own stuff, if you cant do bare minimum how can someone trust you important things? Ofc education is a meme but if you going to work for someone else you are fucked

>> No.24540751

>>24540377
>Retaking my failed classes would mean extending the amount of time I’m in the school system
Just fucking do it. I know it’s not fun, but you’re really shooting your self in the foot if you just drop out. As for college, you shouldn’t go if you can’t even finish high school

I barely scraped by in high school despite being one of the smarter people at the school because fuck homework. Got into the trades at 17 right after I graduated and I’m making $100k a year right now

>> No.24540752
File: 63 KB, 535x462, 1601493336595.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>24540243
> I’m going to drop out of high school next semester
> I’m not a brainlet

>> No.24540768
File: 65 KB, 640x684, 4n3qdjry65y5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>24540243
Stop whining and finish the fucking highschool, cunt. This is one of the life's challenges. Education is not just about knowledge, but discipline. Because at the end of the day, it's not smooth brain that fucks you up, it's your lazy ass. Now it's school, tomorrow your business, and the day after you end up a wagie.
Drop down on your knees, blame covid and beg to repass tests, get extra credit or something. Fix your mess, you weak-wristed pussy.

>> No.24540779

>>24540243
>my situation is a compound of my laziness and seething teachers
so in short a brainlet

>> No.24540822

>>24540680
listen to yourself man
"My conclusion was that degrees as they stand are largely a bubble and don’t confer useful skills etc upon their recipients except for cases of STEM. My assessment is that degrees don’t have anything in the way of intrinsic worth so much as they do only as proxies for other qualities of a person, such as an at least average IQ, work ethic, and so on. While I would be at a disadvantage, I think the conventional wisdom on the necessity of a degree for even wagie positions is mistaken."
WTF are you saying? Degrees can be "worthless" but NO ONE will EVER hire you if you dont even have a highschool degree. GED's are memes are many employers dont consider them "real". I disagree but im not the person hiring you. In our society having a college degree just shows the employer that your at the least, able to withstand higher learning. Doesnt matter if your degree doesnt really apply. You "went to college" so your obviously more intelligent then the 100 highschool degree shmucks applying. And your application that you sent? With your GED? Their gonna laugh at it in the breakroom and throw it out, and not even call you back. Unless you want to work at McDonalds for the REST of YOU LIFE AKA: FIFTY YEARS. Imagine your entire life, doubled and then some. Imagine that and every day you have to flip burgers. And you will have no money. "getting rich quick" is equivalent to striking the lotto, dont count on it.

>> No.24540830

finnish it im 30 this year and regret it so much that I dropped at last year that I think will do it next year

>> No.24540832

>>24540243
High school is easy as fuck. Just do it faggot

>> No.24540859

>>24540768
King right here. Actual advice on /biz/

>> No.24540901

>>24540243
Lmao imagine actually thinking you're not a retard when you can't even find the willpower to finish highschool

>> No.24540964

>>24540243
Talk to the principle. talk to your parents. Talk to a teacher. Please just talk to someone, you might think that you've completely fucked everything up but there's likely a path that you can take that will let you complete highschool if you talk to the staff

>> No.24541008

>>24540964
He wouldn't even need to repeat a grade, likely just redo the class he failed over the summer.

>> No.24541014

>>24540680
>I’ve considered that. My conclusion was that degrees as they stand are largely a bubble and don’t confer useful skills etc upon their recipients except for cases of STEM. My assessment is that degrees don’t have anything in the way of intrinsic worth so much as they do only as proxies for other qualities of a person, such as an at least average IQ, work ethic, and so on
This is not a unique insight, but nobody will care for the conclusions of someone who did not bother to pass high school.

>While I would be at a disadvantage, I think the conventional wisdom on the necessity of a degree for even wagie positions is mistaken.
It is not needed and neither did I say it was needed.

My point is why *should* anyone hire you? Again, the job market for even thr most basic jobs are going to be oversubscribed to by people who will be far more qualified than you. An employer has no reason to pick you over them. You are putting yourself on the bottom of the list to be picked and top of the list to be disregarded.

You cannot and will not pass college, not because you're "too smart" for it, but you are lazy and cannot even pass high school.

Stop lying to yourself.

>I was passing and generally a B+ student before COVID
Nobody will care if you didn't pass.
>and I attend a public magnet that is in the top 20 nationally iirc.
Nobody will care if you didn't pass.

>> No.24541936

>>24540292
Whats the story behind this guy blowing his gray matter on the ceiling?

>> No.24541976

Every single person I know who's dropped out never got their ged. High school degrees aren't that valuable because it doesn't mean much which is why you're a double retard without one. Just finish it

>> No.24542018

>>24540377
not a horrible plan in a better time
I dropped out, got my GED and ended up in the same college freshman class as my highschool peers

>> No.24542035
File: 145 KB, 500x618, 7A828BA9-4722-4733-901B-7A7C4DA0FBF0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>24540243
Never quit something unless you have a backup plan lined up

>> No.24542048

OP is another example of that supposed high school genius who never really delivers on being intelligent and generally just fails at everything. Good job OP, we've all known a few.

>> No.24542072

>>24540377

You will reget not being on pace with your peers. For this reason you should consider doing summer school and then attending college. It literally doesnt matter if you failed a class if you take it again during the summer.

If you beg or if you borrow - you may never find your way.

>> No.24542149

>>24540243
School is free.

Later on you’ll understand the value of that. Even if you take nothing from it, being a deli pour carries connotations, negative.
However; if you’re leaving to legitimately commit to a trade or a skill based course then go. I’ve just finished a degree in finance and semi wish I’d done an apprenticeship in plumbing.

Whatever you do, don’t stop building on yourself

>> No.24542174

>>24540680
KEK
>I cam to corncloosin! about dat der colege
>didn't even go
What do you even know about college, let alone HS, you shmuck. Imagine thinking you know anything about anything when you haven't even graduated highschool. HEARTY KEK

>> No.24542247

>>24540243
haven't even read the thread yet but i'll tell you my experience as a sophomore year drop out
>dont know shit for math
>dont know shit for science
>read a lot so my language arts skills are good
teach yourself what you can, dont be an imbecile
>couldnt join the military unless i got a ged and an associates
if you plan on enlisting dont drop out
>harder to get into college due to entry exams and high school record
if you want to go to a good school dont drop out
1. get your GED fast, like within 2 months of dropping out... if you wait you won't do it, many of my friends dont have a ged at 20 something
2. get into a community college and get an AS at the minimum, this way when you turn in a resume you can show you went to college and not that you are a nigger (when we drop out we become niggers in the eyes of most)
3. if you plan on going into a stem field start working on your math, i am trying to enter a 4 year school after getting my AS and SAT math is kicking my ass
4. get a job. you are doing nothing so get a job. you will put EVERYTHING away and into investments, your peers dont have as much time as you to work so if you invest properly you can be much wealthier than everyone your age, a great advantage

this path is not particularly bad but it requires you grind your ass off, you have a time advantage over your peers you SHOULD use

i have much more work experience in a decent field than all of my peers, also more money saved and a college education already. i wasnt as efficient as i could have been but im doing okay for 19

>> No.24542280

>>24542149
kek don't tell the kid to drop out and become a plumber. He needs one fucking class and he's a retard

>> No.24542282
File: 311 KB, 1552x873, 10f3b038e6598fbe30ca92775cc699d1_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>24542035
fuck you frognigger, ima head innawoods

>> No.24542315
File: 78 KB, 501x577, 1591501723103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not sure where you're at but finish HS, find a way. If you are US you might be able to test out. Most college degrees are a fuckin waste for sure but it is critical you pass HS man dont be a retard.

>> No.24542358

>>24542247
just realized you are a senior. don't do it.
you've pretty much completed, just do the last portion and get over it.
i dropped out because i got way too involved with girls drugs and partying, but you still have a chance faggot.

>> No.24542428

ALSO want to add most posters in here are low test pencil neck scaredy fags
some of my best college professors, rich fucking guys with side businesses and hot wives have incredible careers and were drop outs. something about unconventional schools of thought and an urge to break out of the system that doesn't allow free action or thought.