[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 177 KB, 500x700, pTVEUJk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
24305104 No.24305104 [Reply] [Original]

This is an excerpt from a report on the 2018 crash:
>When the December spike came round, he went abroad and didn't have access to his funds to sell them at the peak, which >he describes as "a shame" - but even then there were other people looking to enter the market.
>"There was a lot of people getting in, and I think for the first time I felt there were a large number of people who really didn't understand what they were getting into as well.
>"So every Uber driver I had either had invested or was thinking about it.
>"I had people asking me genuinely which coin to put their children's university funds into. That's not good.
>"I didn't follow up with them, but I hope they didn't," Mr Halford-Thompson added.
>"For the first time a lot of normal people who didn't understand investments [were getting involved, and they] made or lost money in fairly big ways.
>"It's a lot worse when it's the general public."
>It seemed like a gold rush - until the price began to sink.
>"There was a lot of people trying to work out how they can get in >four days before the big crash," Mr Halford-Thompson said.
>"I saw a lot of companies get involved when the hype was building. There are a lot of issues in that whole sector.
>Bitcoin shed half of its peak value by March 2018 and has continued to fall, a fall matched by an increase in the number of >companies being dissolved.

>https://news.sky.com/story/behind-the-collapse-the-real-cost-of-bitcoins-fall-from-grace-11585936

This article written in 2018 describes how people lost their money and sold after the BTC crash back then. The media make it out like decentralised currency is bad and everyone should own a bank account or they'll end up like the people who bought BTC in 2017. When this article was written BTC was worth around £3000. 2 years later and its almost 20k. Will they ever learn? Today is a lesson to buy more and hold to Valhalla. Fuck banks, fuck governments and fuck the media. Cant wait till BTC reaches 100k in 3 years.

>> No.24305135

>>24305104
>One man told Sky News he lost his marriage and remortgaged his home after he defaulted on loans he had used to invest in cryptocurrencies.

>He said he wished he had never heard of Bitcoin.

>He and many other investors and businesses declined to be identified in this article, explaining that they feared mockery from friends and relatives.

>> No.24305168
File: 163 KB, 1462x1462, 1560075072288.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>24305135
>How times have changed.
>Of the businesses which haven't been dissolved, Sky News has found more than 50 which have changed their names to no-longer reference Bitcoin, blockchain, or cryptocurrencies.

>> No.24305231

I know someone who remortgaged his house to buy BTC at $18k
He sold St $4k telling me bitterly that it's a scam
Haven't seen him in a while - was wondering how he was feeling

>> No.24305294

>>24305231
What an idiot

>> No.24305381

>>24305231
You have to understand the main difference between us and them is this: they were chasing riches, but are perfectly happy to wage the rest of their lives. We will literally kill ourselves if we don’t make it. It’s that black or white situation that allows us to thrive in this atmosphere.