[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 20 KB, 400x600, f4510c1d88d969d69b1a915856cdf7b0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23951683 No.23951683 [Reply] [Original]

Those who desire to be rich fall into temptations and into traps, and into many foolish and harmful desires, and they sink the children of men into corruption and destruction.

For one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.

Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues with injustice.

Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.
And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.

For what does it benefit a man if he wins the whole world, but loses his soul?

>> No.23951724

>>23951683
Bruh I love money cause I hate starving why do I need to keep feeling bad about it

>> No.23951730

>> No.23951756

>>23951724
22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[a]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

>> No.23951757

>>23951724
Whenever I desire money it becomes hard to find

>> No.23952324
File: 153 KB, 912x768, 1589343614333.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23951683
Amen brother. However, we are not "the rich". We don't have labourers, or in most cases even land unless we're indebted to the bank.

It is my wish to gain wealth, so I may build up the community I am in. With farms, community, friends and family. To teach boys of Strength in service to the Lord, and girls their duty to help guide them to manhood.

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces"
Matthew 7:6

>> No.23952423
File: 46 KB, 640x639, 1604187424763.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23951756
Amen brother, I am a none but a fool