[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 43 KB, 900x900, external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23861727 No.23861727 [Reply] [Original]

Dreaming about being rich. That's bullshit. You're not gonna do nothing like that. I'll tell you what you're gonna do! You're gonna get a job. That's what you're gonna do. You're gonna get a little job-- some job a lowlife can get... Iike scraping off trays at a cafeteria or cleaning out toilets. And you're gonna hold on to that job like gold... because it is gold! Let me tell you, anon. That is gold. You listening to me? And when that man walks in at the end of the day... and he comes to see how you done... you ain't gonna look in his eyes. You're gonna look at the floor...So you look right at the floor, anon. Pay attention to this, motherfucker. And then he's gonna look around the room-- see how you done. And he's gonna say, "Oh, you missed a little spot over there. Jeez, you didn't get this one here. What about this little bitty spot?" And you're gonna suck all that pain inside you... and you're gonna clean that spot. And you're gonna clean that spot... until you get that shining clean. And on Friday, you'll pick up your paycheck. And if you could do that... you could be maybe one day achieve your dreams. If you could do that.

>> No.23861803

>>23861727
unironically 100% true. people will show up to call you a boomer or laugh at the idea thinking they are too good for it and that only dumb people would act like that. those people won’t make it with that attitude.

>> No.23861818

>>23861727
bros how do i hire a good manager? I dont want my wagies to miss spots

>> No.23862025

>>23861727
>If you could do that
It has already been thoroughly proven and established beyond any doubt that I cannot do the things you describe. It isn’t that I am physically incapable, or even mentally, it is simply that I will not make myself do them.
Am I willing to forego a “normal” life in exchange for my refusal? Yes.
Will I never have the feeling of pride I am told comes from an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay? Correct.
Will the world miss out on any societal contribution that I might make? It will.

But that isn’t my fault. I’m simply doing what I want to do and accepting the consequences. Maybe I could cure cancer if only I didn’t have to listen to some boomer drone on about cellular biology for 8 years plus learn about the founding of America for the specious purpose of being “well rounded”. Then give my labor to some giant healthcare org for 4 years in return for a fraction of its economic value. Then simp my way through an interview for a junior research doctor position with a major biotech company. Then show up for work on time and not play video games on my company computer while my experiments run and be sure I didn’t say anything offensive or accidentally culturally appropriate by saying I made tacos for dinner.
Then in 5 years earn a senior researcher position where I could direct my own work, cure cancer, then watch as my employer holds that cure hostage from most of the world in order to maximize profits to pad executive bonuses while old rewarded with a plaque and an after hours meal in my honor.

Why would I decline to sign up for all that? How will a ever get a big screen TV? Crazy!

>> No.23862074

>>23861727
All of government/society is a smokescreen for the markets

>> No.23862117

>>23862025
accurate except 6 years of school and 9 years to get senior position for me. Also not all cancer scientists go into research, some of us do analytics, meaning no matter how good at analyzing it we are we still need someone to produce the right drug, so then it becomes jumping from cancer company to cancer company to find one with even a somewhat promising cancer drug to help push through clinical trials -- this takes a TON of QC work and analytics.

>> No.23862685
File: 30 KB, 480x268, image(11).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23862074
Only worthy words here.

>> No.23862808
File: 61 KB, 450x447, satani-trannies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23862117
Why? Neither Jebus Bhrist nor The Universe cured it for a reason. Don't let society bullshit you. Cancer God Needs you.