[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.37 MB, 480x270, 1381267991982.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
238234 No.238234 [Reply] [Original]

Am I the only one around here who thinks that BTC and all the other Cryptos are worthless endeavors of time and power?

There's just no way you could truly integrate it into society.

>> No.238254
File: 266 KB, 500x500, bitcoin_bankrupt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The way they are now, yes. In theory a distributed transaction system has merit though.

>> No.238269

Its literally a scam. Btc got really lucky but every other coin will NEVER gain that success. Seriously. Don't waste your money guys.

>> No.238278

Someone will find a way to make the concept work eventually
In the meantime, enjoy the boom/bust cycle of speculation and fraud

>> No.238297

the bitcoin protocol itself is fucking brilliant and it will 100% be a part of our future. it's just a smarter way to do things. however, it's hard to say if Bitcoin the currency and all these other alt-coins will make it.

i suspect we will fuck around for the next few years through trial and error until we figure out how to deal with the intricacies of the technology

>> No.238412

>>238297
I don't agree. The problem with it is a lack of regulation and as a result, there is no oversight. That leads to all of the scams and thefts that have taken place. The problem is, that with all of the scams and this coin/that coin bullshit, no one will ever be able to have trust in it.

>> No.238446

>>238412
if you weren't so fucking narrow minded you would understand that the applications of the bitcoin protocol aren't limited to bitcoin the currency. there are literally millions of different things you can do that have nothing to do coins. there is nothing to have trust in, its math

>> No.238549

>>238412
Isn't much of this is due to the fact that BTC transactions can't be reversed. If only there were some way around this.. like some how having a reliable third party system intent on making money through trust with its clients who can some how hold your BTC in such a way that transactions could be reversed.. but my brain fucking hurts now after I recalled that they'd have to use the same form of anonymity. So I guess they'd have to convert your BTC to some kind of 'soft' BTC maybe?

>> No.239640

>>238549
>like some how having a reliable third party system
BZZZZZZZZZT
You can have unregulation, or you can have trustworthiness
your pick