[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.46 MB, 4032x3024, BoomerRocks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23672085 No.23672085 [Reply] [Original]

So I have a 45k inheritance, 12k cash, 6oz of gold, and 100oz of silver. I'm too scared to put my money anywhere or do anything with it because of the opportunity cost if I put in in "x" but "y" goes parabolic. For example,
>I bought a bitcoin at 7k and sold at 12k because
>bought 1k LINK at 3.00 and sold at 17
Yea I made "some" money but its fucking NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. 1million dollars will last you 50 years if you only spend 1,666 dollars a month. 2mill? 3,333/mo. You know how fucking wack that is? That's like an ordinary life. You know how hard it is to make that much money without some highly lucrative career? Everything is horrifying. This existence is a scam. A horror.

Basically, what should I do with my money? The most realistic thing i can envision for myself is to save up 300k, retire in the Philippines or Cambodia, and die in haze of benzos and opium with polite and quiet 18+ year old teens passed out on my lap in a small wooden house somewhere in the jungle.

>> No.23672171

>>23672085
>1million dollars will last you 50 years if you only spend 1,666 dollars a month
You need to a better grasp on finance before you start shit like this. It's impossible for money to have stale enough purchasing power to hold "money" for 50 years without still exposing yourself to huge devaluation risks. Even gold saw bouts of relatively large devaluation when new mines in California and Australia started producing.

Figure out what capital is and come back to us. If you can't handle someone getting rich faster than you, you are too weak to manage your own money.

>> No.23672173

>>23672085
Seek Jesus, anon. He has the answers.

>> No.23672241

>>23672171
>Figure out what capital is and come back to us. If you can't handle someone getting rich faster than you, you are too weak to manage your own money.
what does someone else getting rich faster than me have anything to do with anything? i can "handle" that. I'm just asking for guidance in some direction. I guess I should say that my personal preference is for steady gains base on macro economic movements

>> No.23672260

>>23672085
Ride the muthafuckin waves brah. We surfin the ocean. Shit go up down go all ova the place. Just don't drown, that deh numbah one rule. numbah two rule? Pick yo muthafuckin waves brah

>> No.23672295

>>23672241
>what does someone else getting rich faster than me have anything to do with anything? i can "handle" that.
Your post said that you couldn't make decisions because something else could rise in value more. Read into Buffets investing principals before you go any further

>> No.23672356

>>23672085
>1million dollars will last you 50 years if you only spend 1,666 dollars a month. 2mill? 3,333/mo.

Holy fuck you’re a retard.