[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 388 KB, 1280x853, download - 2020-10-17T221053.604.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23343580 No.23343580 [Reply] [Original]

2 things:
1. For actually experienced brokers/advisors/planners/or actually decent salesmen: how the fuck do I pump up my numbers and set more meetings? like how should I improve my pitch, should I spam emails? Should I join some sort of club where I can scalp the whole organization? Should I take a shot before cold calling? any advice?

2. For everyone else who's bored: AMA about the city, the market or anything else related to my life

>> No.23344611

>>23343580
Take a shot every time you're about to cold call someone

>> No.23344709

>>23343580

What the fuck is a stock broker?

>> No.23344725

>>23343580
Former Ag Loan Officer here. The 2 best ways to get clients is to build the reputation so they coming begging which means insanely good customer experience (notice I said experience not service - they have to experience the interaction like it’s a god damn carnival) and having something of value. Naturally, you’re a sleazy salesman that these people don’t know or trust. Making them trust you is completely out of your hands so you learn to accept failure as normal. Anyone that tells you they’ve never missed out on a client is bullshitting to impress you. I was halfway decent and still only sold a few million in loans in my position. I find that the best people in finance make money by consulting and administrative fees than actual sales commission so they get into insurance instead of taking your series exams to sell proprietary funds

>> No.23345424
File: 170 KB, 600x600, 1595046715721.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23344611
I'm going to die then, I call like 300 people a minimum on a work day.
>>23344709
just get fuck off /biz/.
>>23344725
>coming begging which means insanely good customer experience (notice I said experience not service - they have to experience the interaction like it’s a god damn carnival) and having something of value. Naturally, you’re a sleazy salesman that these people don’t know or trust. Making them trust you is completely out of your hands so you learn to accept failure as normal. Anyone that tells you they’ve never missed out on a client is bullshitting to impress you.

Hmmm.... I have noticed throughout my whole life people are drawn to me like flies to honey. Very well described as being very witty, friendly, and charming. I think maybe I will be fine then long term although meeting people face to face is a bit tough at the moment with the rona and election freaking people out and having many people work completely from home. I'm starting to think the financial world is a game of attrition where part of it is simply surviving it out for the first couple of months to year where you're scrapping by but also steadily building your book and getting better at closing sales and setting meetings. Although I actually am an investment advisor representative officially I'm just didn't know if /biz/ would actually know what that is this place is more crypto /cry/ than /biz/

>> No.23345442

>>23344611
although i do like the die of taking a shot before my first call everyday as I'm definitely more social buzzed.