[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.78 MB, 260x150, feel$.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
228857 No.228857[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Going for a job interview with sales/ direct marketing in a couple of days. What should I expect should I be given a job? Tips?

>> No.228878

>>228857
Bear in mind I am a graduate in Political Science from an esteemed university with Barista, customer experience, and swim instruction.

>> No.228880

>>228857
>sales/ direct marketing
Fucking 50% of jobs these days.

>> No.228886

>>228880
I tried admin and technical operator interviews but they were after experience. got sick of it. My dad says sales is below me now that I have a degree but after being rejected for entry/graduate jobs in admin has pushed me to get into sales..

>> No.228900

>>228857
b2b?

>> No.228902

Be prepared to sell him a pen

>> No.229131

>>228900
What?

>> No.229148

Make sure it isn't one of the scammy places that advertise themselves as direct marketing firms but have their employees walk door to door selling Verizon subscriptions instead.

Applied for jobs which turned out to be misleading on Craigslist before I went to my old school's job fair and am now doing a paid internship at a legit online marketing company.

Expect to field questions on things like Google Ad Sense, pay per click, etc. but also questions about your ethics and such as you'll be asking those same questions to your clients if you get the job. You have to know a business before you can advertise it.

Good luck.

>> No.229250

>>229148
Thanks for the advice :) hope its the former than a door to door salesperson. I didn't spend four years studying Bachelors for that.

>> No.229265

Ask questions.

"Could you describe a typical day on the job?"
"What is the company culture like?"

If you don't know an answer to a question asked, don't bullshit. Tell them you don't know.

If you're asked about your weaknesses, don't give a canned response that is really a strength. Give an honest weakness, and tell them how you're working on it.

If they ask about past jobs, never shit on your past job/past employers. It doesn't reflect well on you.

>> No.230981

You will fucking hate it if you are a human with emotions.

If you're an autistic retard, you probably won't mind forcing people to buy shit they don't need.

>> No.232574

>>228857
You should expect shit pay and hours.