[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 234 KB, 545x530, 1585418073002.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22630031 No.22630031 [Reply] [Original]

I've let my emotions get the better of me these last couple of trades such as:

-Selling too early because i was afraid of losing
-Selling too late because of greed
-And sometimes i just sit on my ass paralyzed and not knowing what to do.

How do you overcome these psychological hindrances? I was thinking about reading a book called "The Art of Thinking Clearly Better thinking, Better decision by Rolf Dobelli"
Maybe it will give me some insight.

How do you guys deal with fear and greed?

>> No.22630070

But the opposite might lead you to financial ruin.

Do you trust your research enough. The greed, well you will never enter at the perfect top or bottom and if you did you would wine and cry because you didn't get more. So stop being an over all bitch I guess.

>> No.22630152

because of cost of living is fixed and returns are exponential you get less hungry
https://youtu.be/r9F4YJjdkCE

>> No.22630208

don't let short term swings affect your overall strategy. figure how much you think a coin is worth and dont deviate from it. you cant pick every coin perfectly or even close to it

>> No.22630281

>>22630070
Thanks anon
>>22630152
Thing is i let it ride and then it dumped to oblivion, "Selling too late because of greed" I understand what he's trying to say but 1 bad loser and you're wiped.
>>22630208
I'm talking about shitcoins, i got my long term holdings that i don't fuck around with. but yeah you're right.

>> No.22630342

Set a stop + target before you enter the trade. If it blasts through your target look for a reentry and do the same thing.

Also you probably focus too much on lower timeframes.

>> No.22630693

>>22630208
>don't let short term swings affect your overall strategy
AFAIK this is the way to go. Try to stay level headed and stick to your strategy.