[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 55 KB, 888x456, negan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2256565 No.2256565 [Reply] [Original]

I work at a block chain company ask me anything

>> No.2256567

>>2256565
which block chain company?

>> No.2256576

>>2256567
i can't tell you that. i'm done answering questions

>> No.2256582

Which coins do you recommend to hold?

>> No.2256584

>>2256567
other than personally identifying info

>> No.2256593

>>2256565
Which coins will me get a lambo in 2018? I hate being poor 22 year old neet.

>> No.2256609

>>2256582
>>2256593

my perspective on crypto coins at the moment is that marketing + real market value (it solves a real problem) + vitalik as an advisor mean it will moon (any of these mean pretty good gains). Other than that any idea that disrupts current industries in a significant way is prime for mooning, I invested a third of my portfolio in BAT for this reason, I hold GNT, Lumens, ETH, XRP, STEEM and BAT.

>> No.2256676

>>2256565
I have looked at BAT and I dont think it is a sound investment, making people use your shit ass browser seems like a downer. Why do you really find BAT to be important?

I genuinely think Bancor is the most important coin to be released this year. I am hoping to get in on that ICO, what is your opinions on Bancor?

>> No.2256702

>>2256676
Most of these things are a risky bet, the lesson that people teach is silicon valley is that you bet on risky stuff with large markets, advertisements have huge markets.

Bancor checks a lot of my boxes, it has a real value and it has good marketing and a team behind it who look like they can deliver, likely my next ICO purchase

>> No.2256707
File: 91 KB, 784x548, 1663444632.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Google?

>> No.2256732

>>2256707
if you're talking about deep mind creating solutions for hospitals it seems like this wont be an asset you can invest in. A lot of enterprise solutions are leaning towards control and privacy over the open protocols we have enjoyed and partaken in via crypto coins. stuff such as this only rich vc fuck faces benefit from really or google share holders.

if idk what I am talking about please correct me. I dont think google will be good at implementing trust systems they have been primarily a software company based around AI / algorithms for making sense of data instead, its kind of a complete rework of the company, they've never been good at changing directions in this magnitude.

>> No.2256736

>>2256707

what the fuck is this?

>> No.2256752

>>2256736
deep mind, GV has also invested in ripple. Other than that they don't seem to have much of a focus on block chain which is probably for the best. I'd rather see some new winners in the tech space.

>> No.2256758

Is the project you're working on something you would invest in personally or is it just a job?

>> No.2256779

Are banks going to incorporate existing block chains, or are they making their own? And in terms of financial instruments based things like smart contracts, do you know if banks are making their own? Are Microsoft is getting involved to create an exchange for these?

>> No.2256781

>>2256758
its a ledger which isn't tradable, if it was a coin yeah I'd buy it but its not a ledger for value in a way which can just be traded. Similar to "deepmind health" which (I assume) enables trust to extend between different parties which might not necessarily be associated with a dollar amount but instead a reputation or a government rubber stamp which approves someone to see something or take actions on your behalf. Like a hospital which might need a medical record who can just broad cast a request with a signature and be given back info on a patient. or if someone observes something about a patient the hospital can create a transaction which reflects this and all other hospitals are updated. this is where enterprise blockchain is heading.

>> No.2256810

>>2256779
banks are extremely incompetent. They are looking to people like Accenture IBM and soon ethereum based software to give them solutions to their problems. Its going to be combination of hyperledger fabric(not a tradable asset) and ethereum which play the largest role in bank blockchain software. r3(not a tradable asset) was pretty close to rounding up a bunch of large players and doing something with them but they really fucked up and they might as well be dead now.

So the answer is both new ledgers and existing will be used, but in new ways which enable their requirements of privacy, you can learn more from consensus talks tons of banks went and talked there. Microsoft we have interacted with and basically they just wanna be the cloud which you run your blockchain on, they dont care who the winner is they will get your blockchain running on their platform just because they wanna hit the news cycle and have some answer for what the future direction is, imo its not much of a direction since they dont control these platforms, I dont know about exchanges I would guess no they are not since they creates assets on their books which they do not want.

>> No.2256824

>>2256565
What do you think of NEM and Ripple? Which one of them have the better technology?

>> No.2257021

I think counter-party risk is a very important problem and I believe there's good potential for smart contracts here. Do you think a huge point of potential development will be creating ways of identifying that both parties have met their obligations, depending on a whole bunch of different situations?