[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 100 KB, 750x1000, DA76B2E8-7BCC-47A2-87BC-F32326016E1C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22556759 No.22556759 [Reply] [Original]

I’ve done this occasionally.

But let’s suppose you had a sci-fi back to the future experience where you could go back in time as you are now, age and all, and you could meet your father and have him hear you out to try to convince him that you’re from the future and you want to help him get rich. You also have to prove that you are from the future by making a prediction in the immediate future. (Within a month of your meeting)

You also must acknowledge that this is a suicide mission and that you won’t be who you are and how you are, or possibly even born.

What historical investment advice do you give him? (Hard mode you have to do this off the top of your head, only your naked body will be transported to a clothing store near where your father was 1,000 days before you were born.)

What advice do you give?

What kind of questions do you think he’d have about the future?

>> No.22557238

>>22556759
I wouldn't give my father any advice. He was a druggie and a woman beater. If I have figured out how to go back in time, why the fuck would I want to change something stupid like that?

>> No.22557523

>>22557238
You can only go back 1,000 days before you were born. You try to talk sense into your dad in hopes that he can give you a better life. You sacrifice your current self in favor of a better life. What do you tell him to make him believe you.

It’s a thought exercise to see how well you’d know the current events 1,000 days before you were born and what investment advise do you offer for that time?