[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 56 KB, 700x500, 1599447084252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22313396 No.22313396 [Reply] [Original]

I am now using this garbage. What can I expect?

>> No.22313406

>>22313396
You can expect to be sad you didn't DYOR on VRA

>> No.22313413

>>22313396
Still uses cookies so no good.

Needs Centrality's Doughnut protocol to work properly

>> No.22313421

Free money

>> No.22313428

Solid browser, GUI is just like chrome. Is actually private. I would suggest using duckduckgo as your search engine default. Rewards however only serve as a purpose to pay content creators, you wont be making any actual money

>> No.22313435

>>22313396
Sharing your entire browsing history with Eich, and billions of trackers. They increased entropy of their browser so fingerprinting it will always identify you. It's easier to identify than Chrome which means they explicitly did this since its based on Chrome.

Also injected forced affiliate links. Look at their source code some links (like binance) will force redirect you to their affiliate link sometimes not even showing in the urlbar. Also this can not be stopped since its hard coded.

Whoever uses this Browser should just stop participating in human life.

>> No.22313446

>>22313428
Wrong. Money gets sent to uphold. I've withdrawn $100+ dollarydoos.

>> No.22313462

>>22313428
>ddg
You are aware ddgs founder and owner previous business sole purpose was accumulating as much private info as possible and then bulk selling it? Also its a us search engine meaning privacy is impossible by nature.

>> No.22313479

>>22313421
>5 BAT/month
>$1
come on now. I'm in the first world so fortunately there are actually ad campaigns targeting me but it doesn't seem like I'm going to be cashing in millions yet.

>>22313428
I like the automatic tor function, and it defaults to duckduckgo so there's no google watching my back. GUI is slightly nicer than Chrome but so far the 4chan x extension makes things look slightly weird with Brave. Might mess with the settings.

>>22313435
>injected forced affiliate links
I've heard of this but I have no intention of supporting binance in any way, shape or form. I also plan on doing all things crypto in chrome, using brave for everything else for security purposes. Should I still be concerned?

>> No.22313506

>>22313446
All those guys saying look I made so much money are always just children whom the parents pay for their electricity.

If you get 5 ads per hour (which you don't always its the maximum) and one ad is worth 0.10 genuinely your electricity bill for the computer during the same time is higher.

It would only be rewardful if you live in Saudi Arabia or Iran near an oil field but in that case you'd already be rich anyway.

If BAT would get that high that it would be economically viable to browser then Eich would just sell all world BAT on binance. It's as simple as that.

>> No.22313513

>>22313396
it is literal shit

>> No.22313537

>>22313396
browser is good, just as good as chrome and fuck google
bat rewards whatever, don't interest me, block all ads

>> No.22313543
File: 120 KB, 411x542, $528.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Brave is the patrician choice of browsers. /g/ retards will tell you its some autistic palemoon,icecat,iridium,ungoogled,or bromite that is maintained by 1 or 2 people and takes 3 hours to compile. Or theres the ultimate cope which is "hardened firefox" Brave works right out of the box with almost zero setup. Pretty sure you could even overlay a marquardt mask over the chad logo and see it follows the golden ratio perfectly. Brave is a work of art.

>> No.22313555

>just got a popup message to borrow against my crypto
what the FUCK is this what the ads are?

>> No.22313572

>>22313479
>Sharing your entire browsing history with Eich, and billions of trackers

The automatic Tor function is even worse you idiot. Why do you think Tor developed tor browser. Brave on their own faq state to not use Tor inside Brave if """your life depends on it""" because they know using Tor inside Brave is the dumbest thing a human can do. It's the exact opposite of privacy. But they didn't want to expose themselves so they buried it in their FAQ with this """life depends on it"""". If you want anonymity and privacy you use Tor Browser. There is no alternative. Do you think Tor project have been idiots 10 years long and then Brave comes out and they know better? Idiot. Tor has been discussing again and again switching to chromium every time saying it's impossible to be private with Chrome.

>so there's no google watching my back
Right but ddg which is small so not subject to the same scrutiny as Google is fine right? Again Ddgs owners previous business sole purpose was accumulating as much private info as possible and then bulk selling it. That certainly is someone to trust running a search engine right?

Why do people always fall for marketing slogans? The only reason you idiots use Brave and ddg is because those for profit companies say of themselves they would be private. And you blindly trust it. Holy shit how stupid are you.

>> No.22313591

>>22313543
So the payed Brave shills are not only on /g/ makes you think why Brendan needed so many payed shills right....

>> No.22313599

>>22313396
Brave is THE best mobile browser. Any of you retards using anything otherwise are retarded and deserve to be anal probed by trackers. Puffin is the only other appropriate browser, but only because of flash.

>> No.22313616

you can't even clear top sites, it can't be private.
the wallet is associated with the browser and the adds are targeted

>> No.22313620

>>22313543
Now show your electricity bill during the same time.

>Brave works right out of the box
Obviously it does because it was made for sharing your browsing history and enabling trackers to do their work even easier. Just look at their github and all the fingerprinting issues its literally worse than Chrome.

>> No.22313636

>>22313396
I've been using the browser, but the token really is not needed. I dump it every few payouts.

>> No.22313776

>>22313572
ok pedo

>> No.22313805

>>22313572
imagine being this retarded? are you so stupid to understand nuance? If you're trying to keep private from a fucking nation-state level adversary Brave will not help you. Who in their right mind would think it would? In fact, i'd venture to guess nothing short of the direct intervention of god himself can save you at that point.

Brave is for people that value their privacy and are tired of the google/facebook jew harvesting their data. Not for people at risk of being disappeared in the middle of the night for "wrong think" or stealing a nations secrets.

>> No.22313825

Guys is DuckDuckGo just as good as Chrome? I use Bing for image searches because stupid Google removed the view image button.

>> No.22313932

>>22313620
>6 posts by this i.d. and 2 (you's) on a single post.

top kek at firefox laying off all their engineers but keeping their community organizer on payroll to post on a rhodesian rat milking forum.

>> No.22313950

>>22313616
>can't clear top sites
weak lies anon.
>wallet associated with the browser
that's a good thing anon. keeps you safe:
>>22298865

>> No.22314032

>>22313543
yes unfortunately firefox has been ruined by trannies, I still use hardened firefox but will probably switch to brave as main browser soon