[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 4 KB, 183x182, 54365379687.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22209037 No.22209037 [Reply] [Original]

A massive redpill in finance is that there's legit no fucking skill required to become rich. No talent, no IQ, nothing. Just pure luck one time time where you make a million, then you just gotta spread that out with minimal risk and you are guaranteed profit.

>> No.22209069

>>22209037
use all your luck to find me a 100x, thanks op

>> No.22209170

Taking risks to get lucky for a 1million bink is the skill. You just have to be smart at taking risks.

>> No.22209535

>>22209037
Half lose, half win. The first ones leave and shut up, then the others think they're geniuses and will spam their sophisticated TA, their flair for finding gems etc until they lose too.

I remember that guy in waltonchain discord who made bank with antshares.He was insuferable and thought to be the next Buffet.
He proceeded to go all in and buy 500k$ worth in the big sell wall at the literal top of the first pump. He then sold them at 40% loss a few days later.
Then the bullrun actually startded and the coin went 10x without him.
I don't know what happened to him in the end but he sure learnt to shut up.

>> No.22209881

>>22209037

>Put 100K in index funds in 2014
>Logged into my account for 5 minutes once a year for some tax forms. Never made any trades
>Is now worth 200K

All you need to do to make lots of money in the long term is be rich in the first place. If I started with 1M it would now be 2M. If I started with 2M it would be 4M and I could be living off the gains without working another day for the rest of my life.

Once you get to 1M it is over. You have a financially secure financial future barring something catastrophic like the collapse of the government or a complete restructuring of our society.

This is how the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor.

Emotional trading only concentrates wealth into the hands of the wealthy. You don't have the same information as them, so don't play the game.

>> No.22210023

>>22209037
see >>22195098 for a counterexample
>luck
yes, you need to know of opportunities
>talent, iq
definitely needed, a brainlet would lose everything on some random scam
>pure luck one time
compounding for two months